StromTrooper banner

FRACKING Stickers!

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  denysp 
#1 ·
Well did a search on the forums to see what is the best way to get rid of those damn stickers.... Most of the stickers came off really easy, went to crappy tire and bought some Goo Gone, what a freaking waste of money, it didnt help with the left on adhesive at all. not to mention the sticker on the tank wont come off, although I have managed to remove a clear plastic layer off the sticker, so now the sticker itself is sticky, and still stuck on!! grrrr..... :) PITA

#2 ·
Yeah, a real bitch. I mostly used my fingernails and Goo Gone. It worked, but definitely took some doing.

#3 ·
Heat.

Go grab a hairdryer, slowly heat up the sticker, and use PATIENCE. Get a corner worked up and SLOWLY pull the sticker off in one piece. It's going to take hours. Accept it, grab a cold 6 pack and settle in.

#5 ·
Do a search on stickers. It's been covered many times.

#8 ·
Take your cicle to a local paint and body shop. They can remove every sticker you want and wax it for next to nothing:D

You may just be suprised how a cold beer affects adhesive compounds.:rolleyes:

#10 ·
Have you tried WD-40? It is very good at removing sticky messes. I used the Goo Gone on mine and they came right off, but my bike was right out of the crate at the time and the stickes hadn't had a chance to cook in the sun. Give the WD-40 a try, I've used it before and it works well.

SS

#13 ·
Alcohol must have been also mentioned in that search. Naptha probably has the same effect. Wet a rag and apply it to the surface for a minute. The glue will wipe away. Clean it up well because any remaining glue will get sticky again after the alcohol evaporates. Finish with WD40 to get the last of the haze and prevent it from re-sticking.

#14 ·
Here in Vegas, you just park in the sun for 15 minutes.
Then pull it off, 95 percent of the glue came with it and used some adhesive remover from Home Depot for the rest.
Mike

#15 ·
I think the main problem is I waited till there was over 5000km on it before I started, then when i was on the last one ( the one on the tank ) I was pulling nice and slow, then the paper part of the sticker started to stay and only a clear plastic part of the sticker started to come up. Stupid me kept at it, and all that was left was the paper and the glue. I will give Alchohol and WD40 a try. Thanks for all your help everybody :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.