StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
I wouldn't mind trying that on someone else's bike, but I don't want to trash mine.

·
Registered
840 Posts
So, I guess that is "adventure" riding in his locale in Greece. He had some skills to be sure.

He trashed that bike. What gets me is that he did all that without a skid plate.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, I guess that is "adventure" riding in his locale in Greece. He had some skills to be sure.

He trashed that bike. What gets me is that he did all that without a skid plate.
Rhodos is a small island off Turkish coast. Not sure where the tracks are.

Bike looks like old Wee1, so trashing isn't such a big deal?

·
Registered
304 Posts
My first VStrom was a salvage that I bought form an insurance company (cosmetic damage only).
I repaired it for the sole purpose of doing that type of ride.
When I finial got tired of picking up the bike I fixed it one last time, sold it and was so impressed with the bike I bought a new VStrom.
I really work hard at not dropping this one.
The wee is a very tough bike.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've seen these before and gave them the thumbs up the first time.
Don't know what the problem is but my bike doesn't do as well, probably the OEM tires?
Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Babyhead boulders seemed to me very intimidating, but after riding over a few miles of them, they are way easier than deep sand to me.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've done similar on my wee. Mosquito Pass connecting Leadville to Breckenridge Colorado was the hardest and most skid plate damaging by far. I now have to pry my AltRider skid plate over to get the holes to line up after oil changes. I ride a Yamaha WR250R professionally during the summer and that usually gets the desire for 'rocky mountain goat on meth' trails out of my system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts