StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer says Suzuki is out of 2012 base DL650s and dealers that have them are not willing to part with them. They grossly underestimated the number they were going to sell. I'm hoping stories of another production run come true. In the meantime, any Midwest dealers with them will be of interest to me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Shipping is only a few hundred to the midwest if the bike is assembled. I ship from auctions in California up here for $150 a bike. If you find one, you could probably arrange shipping from almost any of the lower 48.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
You didn't get yours?? :jawdrop:

Heinens had a standard and ADV on the floor a week or so ago here. Good prices too ($7499 + $300 BS fees).

·
Registered
90 Posts
2012s

I know of a new adv. that has been sitting on the showroom floor for two weeks. I am surprised it hasn't sold. I sure love mine. HB

·
Registered
574 Posts
We have one in Roanoke VA (Orange) base without the frills. I got to sit on it
and liked the seating on it alot. They had more, but they sold quickly.

·
38,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't want an Adventure. I have all the stuff I want to put on mine sitting in the garage right now.

·
Registered
255 Posts
wow, seems suzuki really nailed it this time with the new Strom if its that popular.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Greywolf! I live in Eugene, Oregon and would be happy to start looking for you out in the Northwest. I purchased mine for 8k OTD just a few days ago and have some confidence we could find you one out here. Part of the adventure would be to come out and pick it up! Let me know! Beautiful riding from here! Please PM me if you like.......

·
38,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm already going to Oregon in June. I want a bike that's set up the way I like it for a long trip, not a stock model.

·
38,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I first called last July. They didn't have a price established and didn't call me back. I called them an made a deposit Dec. 22nd.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
They have sold like crazy, our little Grants Pass Dealership here has gone through 6 of 'em, I've been buying bikes from him for 9 years, I don't think he's ever moved bikes like that before. I put a deposit on mine last October, sight unseen, and waited for them to come into the US.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Grey Wolf,
I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble finding your new bike. I'm feeling very fortunate that I found one at my local dealer that was immediately available the day I decided to pull the trigger. The dealer did tell me that he had no more base models available and he had one last Adventure model that he was bringing in to the showroom. Phew!

EV

·
Registered
5 Posts
Come up here to WI. I just bought mine last week and there were a few dealerships around that had some in stock. My local dealer went and picked one up for me overnight on the other side of the state that was still in the crate.

They were willing to deal too... $7900 + TTL. Another dealer that had one in stock told me $7850 + TTL so I know a few of them are still willing to bargain with you.

Mike

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
We have ONE.... Adv model here in Flagstaff...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just curious, but what does this mean? They are not willing to sell them?
Means they are not willing to make any deals on them. My dealer here in Long Beach had just this one, and I wandered in looking around and decided that I did like the new '12. I tried my best getting them to come down, but they simply said this was a hot bike, and someone will buy it quick.

I left (was Friday evening) and Saturday morning they called, I pitched a different number, and their reply was no dice. I waited until late afternoon and just decided I really did want it and just paid their number.

I love the bike - not so much the price. But the 0 percent made it nice that I didn't need to write a check for the whole amount, and I'll just let the auto-payments trickle it away.....

1 - 20 of 106 Posts