495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Looks like a thermomter for measuring liquids... How good would it work for measuring ambient air temp?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
according to documentation "Can be used to monitor air/gas, liquid, and semi-solids"

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
Actually, a cheap, digital meat thermometer works well.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Man, with a stainless probe, a 10' cable and the ability to monitor air, gas, liquid and semi-solid, you certainly do have plenty of choices about where to insert that probe! ;)

pmk

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
cheap thermometer

I use a real cheapie battery powered unit that I've siliconed watertight and velcro keeps it on the dash. When the battery dies I'll just buy a new thermometer.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a handlebar mounted thermometer will not give you an accurate reading. Its sitting there being beaten by the sun. You need a probe you can put in the shade to get a proper reading.

·
Registered
832 Posts
The utility of mounting a thermometer on one's motorcycle seems to be a bit questionable. When I'm out and about on der Strom, the temperature is never in question. If the air gets warmer or cooler during the ride, I'll know. Perhaps folks want to know the precise temperature readings during their ride, just for the sake of knowing? That's fine, I suppose.

Now, here's a geegaw that is worthy of additional discussion:
StrikeAlert :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
The utility of mounting a thermometer on one's motorcycle seems to be a bit questionable. [...]
Living in Vancouver BC, I ride year round.

Black ice (or any other colour) is no fun on your commute home.

Knowing the relative humidity and the tempearture is very important.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Living in Vancouver BC, I ride year round.

Black ice (or any other colour) is no fun on your commute home.

Knowing the relative humidity and the tempearture is very important.
Which is why I like the digital thermometer on my Jeep Cherokee. I get extra careful when it drops below 32 deg F

·
Registered
965 Posts
Or get a 2012 Strom that comes with the freeze warning signal that warns you when the temps get, well, near freezing. Also has a temp gauge in C of F.

A temp gauge is a must in my conditions and yr round commute.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts