StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2020 - V Storm 650XT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Saskatchewan guys, just joined the club.. I own V trom 650 and have to say I am a new rider... I guess i have to buy better boots, did my search and -Forma ADV Tourer Waterproof Motorcycle Boots-seem to be good boots, has anybody owned them? Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
2012 V-Strom 1000
8 Posts
I got the Forma Adventure Low a couple months ago after buying and returning (thank you cycle gear) two other less expensive boots. These were the right size, the closure system is easy and secure and they're very comfortable if not hike ready out of the box. I had been wearing touring boots but wanted something with a block pattern like these.

Loads of small touches like small blocks designed to protect the buckles in a fall, stretchy front so you can mover easier and/or were shin protection, and a truly large opening to get your foot in and out. I got the brown ones and even my wife was impressed with the design.

I haven't crashed in them, but I have had to put my foot down forcefully a few times to catch the bike and they worked well. I recommend them.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I have Forma Adventure Low boots. Top quality. Italian company and the boots are made in Croatia and Romania.

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Love mine. Originally bought the high formas and returned them for the low. Couldn't have dealt with the feel of the tall ones. Love the low ones, comfortable and provide a lot of support.

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
6,757 Posts
I also have Forma lows. It's a compromise thing between protection and comfort. The Lows tend to be more comfortable than high boots and more protective than street boots. Mine fitted well straight out of the box and have performed and worn well.

·
Registered
2012 DL650A
52 Posts
You don't say what type of riding you plan on doing. Also, you should try on whatever boots you are considering.

·
Premium Member
4,699 Posts
I have the Forma Adventure in the high version and really like them. But I think you are referring to the Forma ADV Tourer which is a different boot from the Adventure. I think the Forma brand is a pretty good company and makes excellent boots. If they fit and meet your riding style (street, adventure, off road, etc.) you'll probably be happy with them.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Have the low's as well and love them. Fit perfect, comfortable to walk in and needed very little breaking in. Only thing i found was i had to go up a size from my normal so they fitted better. Pretty good water proofing as well. Can get a little hot in them but when it's 40c+ what do you expect.

·
Registered
2011 DL650A
23 Posts
Hi from Saskatchewan guys, just joined the club.. I own V trom 650 and have to say I am a new rider... I guess i have to buy better boots, did my search and -Forma ADV Tourer Waterproof Motorcycle Boots-seem to be good boots, has anybody owned them? Any thoughts ?
If your new to the group, welcome here. I'm just one province west and also hew on site.
Mike

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I have the Forma boots but I made the mistake of buying from overseas, they were not waterproof and because of the way purchased them returning them became a problem, they now live down on my farm as back up boots.

I was told to buy one size bigger than my normal shoe size, I should have gone two sizes up.

I now only buy Gore tex, I find the extra expense a worthwhile investment.

·
Registered
2020 DL-650A, 1974 CB450T
30 Posts
I purchased the Forma Adv Low a while back and think they’re great. The toe box is a bit high/thick so it’s a little more work to get under the shift lever, but I can make due. They also are comparatively wide so fit my short/wide feet better than most brands. Mine fit true to size.

They use knock-off Gore-Tex, so not the real deal, but apparently decent. I haven’t had them in heavy rain yet so no comment there other than okay for splashing. They are nice and warm though. I’ve been riding around at near freezing temperatures and have been toasty warm.

·
Premium Member
2,872 Posts
Looked up Forma ADV "Touring" and it is definitely not the same as the ADV short and tall. Do not remember seeing these when I bought the "talls" a year ago or might have got these. Nice compromise between normal touring and true ADV boots.
That said my ADV talls are a great boot that is close to an MX type. Never a leak in many a downpour(Some day long). Only complaint is that it's not possible to get most jeans over the top, so they must be tucked inside.

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
6,757 Posts
When touring, pants need to go over the boot for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
2020 - V Storm 650XT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looked up Forma ADV "Touring" and it is definitely not the same as the ADV short and tall. Do not remember seeing these when I bought the "talls" a year ago or might have got these. Nice compromise between normal touring and true ADV boots.
That said my ADV talls are a great boot that is close to an MX type. Never a leak in many a downpour(Some day long). Only complaint is that it's not possible to get most jeans over the top, so they must be tucked inside.
Thanks for the answer I found them from the official forma boots site in germany and bought them after getting some feedback so lets wait and see.... thank you

·
Registered
2020 - V Storm 650XT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If your new to the group, welcome here. I'm just one province west and also hew on site.
Mike
Nice to meet you ...looking forward to having some adventure in the coming riding season to BC via alberta who knows might have the opportunity to meet some riders... Thank you

·
Premium Member
4,699 Posts
Thanks for the answer I found them from the official forma boots site in germany and bought them after getting some feedback so lets wait and see.... thank you
Yes, be sure and let us know what you think of them and how they do.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi, I assume you are refering to these boots :

I have them, in black, I love them.
I do all my "adventure " rides with them. That is off road, highways , city, hot days, cold days, rainy days ...everything.
Just last weekend , I use them for a ride in the hills, at 27C. Yes it's hot, but won't kill you.
When the weather is cooler, I even had use them to go to work or buying groceries. They fit under the jeans, and that is something that the Adventure ones struggle with.
I can walk with them in the mall, it's ok, they are heavy for walking though, but comfortable.
They are waterproof, I have had no issue with that.

Protection, it offer less protection than the Adventure ones, but still protects you well. I have had a accident were I went off the road in a hill (off roading) and I end up flying over the bike and landing on my back (nothing broken), my right leg was sore, and definitely the boots protect my foot / ankle from getting injuries like twisted ankle, toes hitting whatever on the way, scratches on my lower leg. etc
I think I have use them for more than just touring and they are still like new.
Would I recommend them... 100%
Sometimes I think I should have bought the Adventure model, for more protection and a stiffer sole, but then, they won't fit under my jeans without looking awkward.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for your answer appreciated ...
I have owned a pair of forma Cape Horn his for at least five years adventure during on my 2007 DL1000 and more gnarly tracks on my DR650. They have proven waterproof in heavy downpours were very comfortable out of the box and fit true to size for me. The top buckle is replaced with a large Velcro panel which saves the lining of my over-the-boot pants too and gives greater adjustability for large or small calves. They are worth considering it the model is still available. From memory they were price comparable with the adventure boot. Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

‘’I have Forma ADV high top boots in black They are great.

I found the high top to be more comfortable than the low tops.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts