StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday guys just a quick one but has anyone swapped out there forks/front end out of a another bike to gain ground clearance and and suspension travel cheers regards Christopher

·
Registered
46 Posts
I thought somewhere I saw you can use a suzuki dr650 set. I bought a 2006 650 recently and the bike was to tall for him. Included in the deal was a complete set of dr650 forks. He only rode it twice. It was to good a deal to pass on, loaded up with throttle control, heated grips, skid plate, crash bars, extra windshield, extra seat and the set of forks. He stated the forks were with the bike when he bought it so they were going with me. I took them to my shop and mechanic informed me about them. What year suzuki dr650 I don't know but he said they were really nice shape. I have them on craigslist and facebook for sale. I don't know what mods would have to be made.

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm not nearly the first to do it but my fork is a hybrid DL650/DR650. Mine is an '04, but I don't think the Gen 2's are all that different. DL lowers keeps the dual discs, speedo, ABS business. DR uppers and damper rod. Your choice of spacer length at the top out spring determines extended length and travel. I did not do this to gain travel and clearance. I bought a badly bent bike and found DR tubes were MUCH cheaper and easier to find.
https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-dl650a-2004-2011/291562-2015-re-strom-overview-alaska-test.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts