StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2005 Wee as a project bike. I'm trying to get it in good mechanical condition. I noticed that the fork dust seals have small cracks in them so I figured I would just rebuild the forks. Does anyone know of a good aftermarket rebuild kit for the stock forks???? or do I just need to order each individual OEM part??:confused:

·
Registered
710 Posts
My suggestion would be to check with SV Racing parts, or go to Race Tech for one of their complete kits.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The fork seals are cheap as from fleabay but if you are looking to rebuild, you will prolly want some new valving and perhaps some new bushes.

I did mine for $270 Aud form fleabay and buying the gold valves from race-tech :yesnod:

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I've learned the hard way to not waste time and money with aftermarket fork seals.

It's very unlikely that anything inside the forks is damaged or worn -- just replace the seals and dust seals with fresh bits from Suzuki.

·
Registered
710 Posts
It's very unlikely that anything inside the forks is damaged or worn -- just replace the seals and dust seals with fresh bits from Suzuki.
I would have totally agreed with you up until a couple of weeks ago. I did a complete fork overhaul on my 30,000 mile TLS suspension, and ordered new bushings just because. Dang glad I did. The teflon coating was going away and there was just a miniscule of play developing in the tubes vs sliders. They would not have lasted another 30,000 miles with just a fluid and seal change. I have never encountered bushings wearing out this fast before. I wonder if quality is going downhill with the new oem parts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've learned the hard way to not waste time and money with aftermarket fork seals.

Exactly my findings on aftermarket seals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts