StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Take a business card and clean them first, many times its just some bug guts in the seal. Adding fork gators or some rancho shock boots work well, but I don't ride off road much so I haven't put any on my bike. Probably should.

·
Administrator
17,366 Posts
They don't need replaced, all you have is some bug guts or some sand/grit up in there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I spend 40% of my time in the mud and sand... there was so much sand in there that it started to scour the tubes... soooo... I am having the seals both replaced and they think they can correct the tubes and having some of those nice dirt bike fork covers installed upon reassembly... I didn't know to check them consistently so it is my fault. Darn it. Maybe we should make a sticky of "things to remember" or "suggested upgrades for offroad" it would have saved me a lot of money if we did...

·
Registered
347 Posts
One of the few things that bug me about DLs is that the fork tube chrome is very thin and very fragile.

On my bike. Which is a gargae kept on road commuter.
My fork tubes are already pitting and have rust showing.

Especially in the shoulder area where it's only swept by the seals when the folks get really compressed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts