StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, before somebody beats me up for asking…I’ve already searched for the answer.

My right fork has sprung a leak. After 44,000 miles I guess I’ve blown a seal.

Can anyone tell me How to or Where to find the How to remove the front forks?

I guess I can remove them myself but will be taking the forks in to the dealer for repairs.

What is the standard front oil weight?

I have an2008 Wee ABS, 44,000 miles on the odometer

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
There's a tool

fork seal doctor or something

like a credit card you get it in there and it scrapes the dirt and flips the lips

fair sucees rate

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
There's a tool

fork seal doctor or something

like a credit card you get it in there and it scrapes the dirt and flips the lips

fair sucees rate
Yep...very good advice indeed. On my dirt bikes I have used a very thin piece of plastic. Thin enough to work around the seal but stiff enough not to break off inside the sealing area. The last time I used laminating plastic like what goes over an ID card. Before that, I used a small piece of 35 mm camera film. Does not always work, but what do you have to loose?

The technique is to work it under the seal, then rotate around the circumference of the fork leg with the plastic edge at an upward angle. You are trying to pop the crud upward where you can retrieve it. This can be done with the suepension still on the bike.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
(Greywolf, I can't do it tonight. But, I will try to post it by the end of the weekend.)

( B.L. )

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts