StromTrooper banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'd be concerned that if the tree grows a perceptible amount during this process, it could mess up your alignment.
This is something I should think about more:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but I have been studying

·
Registered
14 Posts
I tend to be partial for to the red-neck bike stand out of 2x4s. One version of which is below, but have built them for other bikes too. usually making a long lever that tucks under frame and lifts it when you push the lever down.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ok so that took long enough, I finally finished.
Tire Wheel Car Daytime Vehicle

I added a second strap onto the crash guards just for safety.

I completed the maintenance replacing bushings, seals and dust covers from all balls. The oil came out black with rust on the inside walls of the upper. I am also missing piston rings for the damper rods:rolleyes: (Thank you PO).
Getting the caps off was an event too
Automotive tire Gas Rim Auto part Engineering

I called my brother about the maintenance I was doing and he promptly let me know I was an idiot for not loosening the top clamp squeezing on those threads. woops

But all that behind me I finished thank you to Black Lab and thank you to y’all for your out of the box thinking. Time to get a skid plate so I don’t have to do it this way again.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Just got my 2013 650 and need to do the fork seals. Came with a really nice skid plate. Used my HF transmission jack to get the front end off the ground. Had to remove the wheels from the jack casters to get jack underneath the bike easily. Just 4 nuts and a 14mm wrench for that. Surprisingly, it's very stable, being triangle-like using the rear wheel as the 3rd point.

You can get one under $100 with a sale. It's has held up and takes little room in the garage. It'll work until I get something nice that will lift the entire bike elegantly, although I think this one would. But I'm not going to push it right now.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

21 - 29 of 29 Posts