StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please explain why my request for fork info was moved or deleted?

It seemed a fair request for help, in a correct section on the forum.

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
It's not gone. I can see it - but...

For some reason it's in the Moderation Queue awaiting moderation. I don't know why.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thankyou for the reply.
I'll keep an eye out for it popping back up and hopefully get some response.

Phil

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I managed to accidentally screw it up moving it to the Glee forum. I've fixed that. The general forum was not the proper place for it as the forks are different from earlier models.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks GW.
I deliberately put it in the general section hoping for a bit more coverage although I appreciate there are differences through the model years.

Phil

·
38,103 Posts
The general forum is only for posts that involve multiple models. It does not attract more knowledge.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was open to input for specs for the older 650s even though the damping characteristics may be slightly different.

Phil

·
38,103 Posts
That still may happen but I'd be more surprised if you got any specs at all. Not many people have gone in there and it's likely nobody has the parts on the bench or has written down what they found when they did. For sure the springs are different on other models so the damper holes should also be different. The lighter springs on older bikes should have correspondingly smaller damper holes. Anyway, the forks on the older bikes definitely need help and the Glee forks, while better, still suffer from the similar damping force on compression and rebound because they force oil through the same holes on compression and rebound Minimally, cartridge emulators that use a device that makes compression easier than rebound are where people wanting better suspension should first look. Changing the damper rods to cartridges from Cogent Dynamics or Traxxion would be the best but most costly solutions.

I think the most helpful people here look at all new posts anyway no matter where they are posted.

As of now, the thread has no replies and that is not because of location. You are asking for information that is very hard to come by. Suspension and tire tech is another possibility for an appropriate forum. Do you want me to move it there? A Google custom search on Ricor or Race Tech may be helpful in gaining front suspension insight.

This thread has much more action than the thread it is about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts