1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I don't know how they could be used with a fork brace though.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
I use this product for forktube protection: Shockmate #SA1997, (I believe Greywolf uses the cross-referenced Rancho product.)

The tops of the boots are "wire-tied" to the forktubes just under the triple tree. The inherent "spring-like" construction, along with gravity, lets them hang down to my forkbrace.

Yet, I can easily slide them up to check the fork seals, (also something that needs to be done during bike inspections in the state of Maine.).

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The springiness of the accordian types keep them against the brace. Mine don't have any mechanical attachment at the bottom and work fine. The neoprene skins only connect top of the fork leg and don't have any spring to them.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...I used the DirtSkins covers up until I installed a fork brace...
I don't know how they could be used with a fork brace though.
You are correct, they don't work with a fork brace. But I'd be willing to bet there are a few Stroms out there that still aren't running a brace.

·
Administrator
17,206 Posts
You are correct, they don't work with a fork brace. But I'd be willing to bet there are a few Stroms out there that still aren't running a brace.
Looks like a good option Heavy, I actually have "similar type" stock guards on my C14.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts