StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Like most of us I think that the Vee is little on the suspension side.
At 230 lbs the front dives when braking and the damping adjustability is near inexistent( full in to full out some light changes)

I was looking to go with stiffer spring and gold valve kit. All ready go that way on my FZ09 with Stoltech( specializes in fz-09 mods).
But from the reviews from other Vee owners. The set-up from RT isn't quite it. And need some adjustement...taking the fork in pieces 2-3 times. Which is time consumming...and not to mention I don't have a garage I do all my mechanic outside.
For that reason I was leaning toward a full cartridge replacement. Fast easy fix ..but a little pricier...depending on the cartridge I would go with.

My question is have some of you guys changed the cartridge in your fork?. And which one? Pros and cons?

I've found Andreanni, Matris and Traxxion dynamics.

From the cheapest to the highest priced.

I have a 2018 vstrom 1000xt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the Matris kit a couple of years ago and it was $500. It works very well though I only have about 500 miles on it. I had a
problem of topping out which is my fault for leaving the short spring out (the one which sits on the bottom of the fork). Have not been able to ride or work on bike to fix that for over a year but it did work great. Well set up from the factory and adjustments are
easy. Would do again in a heartbeat.

·
Super Moderator
16,874 Posts
Hey Rich, which spring type is best "in your opinion and experience" and why? Local racer and moto mechanic "Ryan Kerr" isn't a fan of straight rate springs when he builds suspensions, you are a fan of straight rate, so just curious as to why and when to use either.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts