StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
If you like how it looks and it fits your wallet, buy it. From what I have read on this forum, they all work well.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Lots of threads on this. IMHO the single best farkle and will make riding the Strom mush more enjoyable.

Look up Richland Rick, makes a solid product and much less expensive than the alternatives.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Do a search for richland rick. That's the one I got and I'm quite happy with it. It is a good one and it's the cheapest.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I prefer the type that has a fixed distance between holes. The adjustable types allow non parallel bracing. Doing the setup properly by loosening the pinch bolt(s) and pumping the forks should make that a non issue though. Price and appearance are other factors. If mounted properly, they all work well.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
There are three. SuperBrace (svracing.com) looks the best, costs most, creates more interference with ABS stroms if the forks are raised.
Kevin Baker (murphskits.com) costs less, might be easiest to put on.
Adventure Tech/Richland Rick costs least, works fine.

Forks flex. Our forks are made to a budget, not the best available for the bikes. The brace is a big help.

All work the same after installation. If the SB and RR don't fit just right, loosen the axle clamp bolt and wiggle the forks. If they still don't quite fit, loosen the four clamping bolts on the lower triple tree, wiggle again, put the brace on, tighten everything. While the braces are precisely machined, the forks' outer surface is not precisely machined and some wiggle is sometimes needed to get them on. Vee & Wee braces are made to different dimensions.

·
38,104 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts

·
38,104 Posts
One thing that came to mind when I looked at that brace was how much height that bridge between the tube clamps added to the brace. Do you think that will have an effect on those who like to lower their bikes?
Maybe. The shoulders around the holes make it appear the ends are lower because they don't need to clear the fender. I'd prefer a design with more precision machining and fewer bolts to aid in adjustability.

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think the common thought is that they all work well. For my part I went with the Superbrace as it had the best/cleanest looks.

Superbrace, fork brace, motorcycle fork brace, super brace, honda goldwing, fork truss
+1. I also went with the Superbrace because it's the cleanest looking brace.

In theory I'd agree with Greywolf that a brace with fewer adjustable parts may provide greater stability, but in practice I'd suspect you'd have a hard time discerning any difference in function between any of the braces. Any of them will be a major improvement over not having one.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
+1. I also went with the Superbrace because it's the cleanest looking brace.

In theory I'd agree with Greywolf that a brace with fewer adjustable parts may provide greater stability, but in practice I'd suspect you'd have a hard time discerning any difference in function between any of the braces. Any of them will be a major improvement over not having one.
You really can't see it once it is installed... Richland Rich's brace was way less expensive and did the job fine for my '09...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
http://www.superbrace.com/

I rode my '07 Vee bone-stock for the first 2,000 miles before I changed out anything; I wanted to feel like I knew the bike well BEFORE I started changing out components. I went with the Super Brace and it was a no-muss, no-fuss install. Absolutely plug and play simplicity and the difference it made was immediate and most welcomed. :yesnod:

·
Registered
244 Posts
another vote for the Richland Rich Brace... best price (and good service).

the fit and finish is excellent - but as already stated - the part is not all that noticeable once installed.

·
Banned
158 Posts
another vote for the Richland Rich Brace... best price (and good service).

the fit and finish is excellent - but as already stated - the part is not all that noticeable once installed.
+1 for Richland Rick's Fork Brace. Great folks and great products. Also use their peg/controls lowering kit and mirror extenders.:thumbup:

·
Registered
7,442 Posts

·
38,104 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I would avoid the Happy Trails brace unless you have a reason for an adjustable brace. At least it appears adjustable to me which means it could go out of adjustment. I have the KB, but the Super Brace and the Rickland Rick look okay too.

Happy Trails makes some nice products, but I wouldn't want their brace.

·
Premium Member
3,145 Posts
I actually managed to snag a Richland Ricks Brace from someone on this BB a year or so ago. I was surprised how quickly it went on, even including loosening the axle [just in case]. Ten minute job, tops! As noted before, huge improvement in handling precision and feel.

Chances are, no matter which brace one chooses - they're all good, you'll probably never see it again. Once installed, they're blackness pretty much makes em invisible.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts