StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Vendor
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a little bit of history for the new guys. The Adventuretech fork brace came from requests from VSRI and Stromtrooper members looking for an affordable alternative to the Xxxxxbrace. We knew it could be made cheaper since their wasn't going to be any middle man retail mark-up. Designed from scratch without ever holding a Xxxxxbrace in our hands, what suprised was that people tell us it works better than the Xxxxxbrace.

Here's some feedback from an A/B comparison on identical bikes.

I don't want to post this since it'd start a flame war - (wink)
I swapped bikes with another rider today - he had a xxxxxbrace fitted, I have yours.

Your brace performed far better - the xxxxxbrace sure looks purty though.

When you have a good look you can see that the contact thickness of your brace is effectively about twice that of the xxxxxbrace - I suspect the extra stiffness is from that - whatever it was - the difference wasn't minor.

Well done, and thanks.

Peter

and more

V-Strom Riders International > Technical Area > Chassis > Suspension > Fork braces compared

I still owe you for the excellent service - so there you are.

The difference was massive - my bike has 75,000k's on it and the front end feels like an >expensive< sports bike - the other bike was much better than stock as well - but "no contest".

I get to ride an Aprilia Tuono factory (with much more expensive professionally tuned suspension than mine) now and then - that's much faster - but at the speeds I can equal I can't fault the DL now.

Pete

The original thread on VSRI has been visited ~ 90,000 times and somewhere around 5,000 V-Strom owners have chosen the brace they helped design.

Fork Braces - AdventureTech, LLC.

·
Administrator
16,600 Posts
Have one of these mentioned braces, and I am very pleased with it for sure.

·
Vendor
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking forward to the Eastern and Western Gatherings this year and the opportunity to do some more A/B comparisons with other fork braces.

Here's a little bit of history for the new guys. The Adventuretech fork brace came from requests from VSRI and Stromtrooper members looking for an affordable alternative to the Xxxxxbrace. We knew it could be made cheaper since their wasn't going to be any middle man retail mark-up. Designed from scratch without ever holding a Xxxxxbrace in our hands, what surprised us was that people were posting that it works better than the Xxxxxbrace.

Here's some feedback from an A/B comparison on identical bikes.

I don't want to post this since it'd start a flame war - (wink)
I swapped bikes with another rider today - he had a xxxxxbrace fitted, I have yours.

Your brace performed far better - the xxxxxbrace sure looks purty though.

When you have a good look you can see that the contact thickness of your brace is effectively about twice that of the xxxxxbrace - I suspect the extra stiffness is from that - whatever it was - the difference wasn't minor.

Well done, and thanks.

Peter

and more

V-Strom Riders International > Technical Area > Chassis > Suspension > Fork braces compared

I still owe you for the excellent service - so there you are.

The difference was massive - my bike has 75,000k's on it and the front end feels like an >expensive< sports bike - the other bike was much better than stock as well - but "no contest".

I get to ride an Aprilia Tuono factory (with much more expensive professionally tuned suspension than mine) now and then - that's much faster - but at the speeds I can equal I can't fault the DL now.

Pete

The original thread on VSRI has been visited ~ 90,000 times and somewhere around 5,000 V-Strom owners have chosen the brace they helped design.

Look under Parts by type, Chassis, Fork Braces - AdventureTech, LLC.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I bought your brace (and also your mirror extenders w/ farkle mounts). I was wondering what the brace bolts should be torqued to?

·
Vendor
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have installation instructions for all our products on our website. You can get there by selecting "installation instructions" from the main menu," or selecting the "installation instructions" button/link next to the add to the fork brace add-to-cart button.

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts

When you have a good look you can see that the contact thickness of your brace is effectively about twice that of the xxxxxbrace - I suspect the extra stiffness is from that - whatever it was - the difference wasn't minor
Probably accounts for some people on this BB stating that they can't actually tell if their brace makes much of a difference, if at all............I noticed IMMEDIATELY that my bike tracked solidly with the Rich's brace. One of the most noticeable (and worthwhile) mods I've ever done to any motorcycle.

It's the real deal!

·
Vendor
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
While discussing fork braces at a V-Strom gathering a bystander mentioned that he noticed some difference but that it wasn't a big difference. Curious, I engaged him in conversation and eventually found out that he had purchased a Xxxxxbrace.

All braces are not the same. Our is fundamentally different than the Xxxxxbrace and the recent copy of the Xxxxxbrace.

Don't pay more for a brace that doesn't work as well, or even less for a copy of a brace that doesn't work as well!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Installed mine last weekend and noticed a very nice difference. More precise handling, a lot less wind effect. Very nice brace. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I noticed an immediate improvement adding the A/T brace. I've helped sell 2 more of them because of this. I also have your Spacer kit. It pleases me to no end that individuals have taken the time to design items for this bike to improve it in little ways. Now all you need is a sticker , so we can share your work with everyone riding behind us.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Bike is rock-solid on groovy pavement and reduced handling effects from wind and vehicle buffeting.

·
Vendor
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Our brace is still on sale and like all our products comes with a happiness guarantee.

Try it, you will be happy with it or we will refund the purchase price and all postage.

But odds are you will like it a lot. Over 5,000 strommers can't be wrong.

·
Vendor
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Provided you have ridden your bike enough to know what it feels like install the brace and ride with it for a while, yes.

I have found that most of the few people that say they can't feel difference were brand new riders or installed their brace on a bike they just purchased. In other words, they didn't really have an appreciation for how their bike felt in the first place. One case had a loose steering head bearing. Proper adjustment of the steering head bearing changed the bike considerably.

A fork brace won't turn a 60 mph side wind on a bridge into a dead calm, but ours makes a huge difference in the kind of side winds experienced by most people here in the desert (e.g., gusty 30 to 40 mph).

We have high confidence that our brace makes a big difference in handling, cornering and straight line stability... so yes, happiness guaranteed, even to Canada.

richlandrick

·
Registered
833 Posts
This mean, 23$ you charge me for shipping, plus probably something like 15$ that it would cost me to return...

1 - 20 of 94 Posts