StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adventure Tech fork brace :thumbup:

I had my doubts reading all the glowing testimonials. Well count me in, $60 well spent.

Went on my first good ride with it today. Very noticable difference in stabilty in the wind. Cornering is better I think feels more planted.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My lovely wife gave me an Advenure Tech fork brace for my birthday on Sunday. Either a little birdie told her that I wanted one or she read the email I sent to hear a few weeks ago.

I had my doubts on all the high praises the fork brace has received, and my expectations were only to see improvement in high winds and poor road surfaces (tar snakes). So, I put the fork brace on today and went out for a short ride. Just riding out of the driveway and down the neighborhood street, I was immediately surprised by the solid planted feeling the bike's front end now has. Maybe I am crazy, but it seems the handlebars have less vibration. Also, I ran the bike up to 90mph and it continued to feel good and solid. Before when running at around 75 or 80mph the front end would be a little squirrely and loose, giving me a bit of an uneasy feeling.

All in all, I too am a believer in the Adventure Tech fork brace.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I also have an unproven theory that a fork brace may help with fork seal life expectancy as there would be less "twisting" in that area. I have 17K and 3 years on my 12 DL650 and my seals are holding up well. I totally agree with the fact the bike just handles better with one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I mainly do high speed slab commuting and with the fork brace I don't even notice tar snakes anymore. Buffeting is also reduced.

I too am a believer..

Oh, and the mirror extenders are awesome. I can see behind me now.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'll throw in my negative vote.

I noticed very little, if any, difference on the Vee. My riding is a mix if highway and crappy urban streets, tarsnakes, cobblestone, etc. Got it just to try it.

·
Administrator
13,353 Posts
I also have an unproven theory that a fork brace may help with fork seal life expectancy as there would be less "twisting" in that area. I have 17K and 3 years on my 12 DL650 and my seals are holding up well. I totally agree with the fact the bike just handles better with one.
My 2006 DL650 has the original seals on it (over 125,000 miles), as does my 2012 DL650 (roughly 69,000 miles.) I use a fork brace but I don't see that there is any kind of data to support your thoughts about seal life. Interesting thought though.

No question that Fork Braces make us all more sexy and manly though.

..Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to the forum but reading lots of info. 05 wee. Richland Rick forkbrace with rifle windshield. Think mostly its piece of mind knowing you have stability connecting the forks to each other. Done I-85 to the dragon last wknd at 85mph most of the way and no buffeting issues. Corners like an R1. Will have brace on whatever i ride.

·
Registered
133 Posts
>>Think mostly its piece of mind knowing you have stability connecting the forks to each other<<

Yeah, that's pretty much it for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts