StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Murph's fork brace on my 06 DL650. I've had the forks off a few times, installing springs, intiminators and RT emulators, pulling the fork tubes up and down in the triple clamps and so forth. I recently noticed some binding in the fork action with the fork brace snugged down. I loosened a the allen bolts a bit and that seemed to relieve the binding at least somewhat. I suspect I have an alignment issue with the forks or some deal with the fork bolt at the bottom of the fork leg. I know sumptin not right with the setup somewhere.

I'm going to be working on the front end this week, swapping out springs, checking fluid level and adjusting the emulators so I want to fix whatever is the issue with the fork brace. Obviously, any binding would affect the spring/emulator/damping setup. I haven't seen or read about others having a problem with binding related to the fork brace, so thought I'd post and see what the collective and brain trust on here might have for suggestions.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
one way to check for any binding or misalignment to support the bike on centre stand and under the engine, so the front wheel is off the ground - take out the fork cap, now u should be able to push up the wheels without lifting the front of bike off the support - if the action is not smooth - start over.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I didn't install a fork brace for this very reason. Plus, if you ever drop your bike (very possible if you ride offroad), it will be much harder to get the forks aligned afterwards. I have no reason to want an fork brace anyways now that I have my suspension set up properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts