StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Lots of great riding in Cherokee NF. You can ride forest roads all the way from Bald River Falls (N River Road to FSR81) to Joyce Kilmer Nat Forest Near Robbinsville. Also, Indian Boundary Rd to Citico creek all the way up to Hwy 360.. great rides.

There are many, many roads in Cherokee that I have not ridden; lots of potential.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lots of great riding in Cherokee NF. You can ride forest roads all the way from Bald River Falls (N River Road to FSR81) to Joyce Kilmer Nat Forest Near Robbinsville. Also, Indian Boundary Rd to Citico creek all the way up to Hwy 360.. great rides.

There are many, many roads in Cherokee that I have not ridden; lots of potential.
I agree. We plan to ride a round trip consisting of Cherohala Skyway one way, with forest roads back. We also have Wayah Bald on our to-do list. Have you been on it?
I'll have to look up the road out of Indian Boundary, sounds interesting.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That is why I bought the Wee. If you live in the Chattanooga area you just gots to have one...:yesnod:

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
I agree. We plan to ride a round trip consisting of Cherohala Skyway one way, with forest roads back. We also have Wayah Bald on our to-do list. Have you been on it?
I'll have to look up the road out of Indian Boundary, sounds interesting.
I did FR81 by catching it from the Cherohala right at the TN/NC border. Initially pretty steep and rough; for me easier going down that coming up.

Wayah road is a very nice bit of blacktop in a beautiful area. Haven't been up to Wayah bald; have to put that on the list. Also consider Otter Creek/Tellico Road between Wayah Road and Hwy 28. I took it east to west; steep, tight and winding gravel, dirt, dust depending on the conditions...one of the tougher ones I've done. Would be easier west to east.

Pics from Citico Creek Rd

·
Registered
503 Posts
It's worth the 4 or 5 mile up a forest service road to see Wayah Bald. Both the Appalachian Trail and Bartram Trail cross at the top and there's a nice stone Fire Tower a short walk up a path from the parking lot at the top. Also, about half way to the Bald there are a couple of old wood shake structures that used to be Wilson Lick Ranger Station built in 1916. As I said, well worth seeing.

Wayah Bald Lookout Tower, North Carolina

·
Registered
503 Posts
I’ve never been accused of be a “pro” before. Thanks for your kind words about the photos. My secret is a cheap digital point and shoot, take dozens of pictures in hopes a couple are actually decent. :mrgreen: Easier and cheaper to do today with digital technology, no buying 35mm film or paying for processing.

Great video keetmanaa !!! I ride that area all the time and had never stumbled across Smith Field Road and Forest Service 126 before but it’s now on my list of short cuts over to Bald River Falls. THANKS !!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts