StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into this guy just after new years out at Samford, which is at the base of the range that contains Mt. Nebo and Mt. Glorious.
His name is Dillon, he's Sri Lankan but has been living in Switzerland for some time, and he's on the Australian leg of his around the world odyssey.
He was on his way up through the D'Aguilar Range National Park and then up to Somerset Dam to camp for the night.
He's travelling south to Melbourne where he'll complete his Australian leg and then he's off to the Americas, so keep an eye out for him and make yourself known if you spot him. He's a likeable and interesting guy who doesn't mind a chat.
Unfortunately his blog isn't quite up to date but it's a fascinating read so far. Living the dream.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
For some reason, I wouldn't have guessed Swiss. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
15,911 Posts
I guess ATGATT doesn't mean much to the young adventurous?
My friend used to refer to foot wear like the ladies as safety shoes. He wore them while working with boiling wax.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
I guess ATGATT doesn't mean much to the young adventurous?
My friend used to refer to foot wear like the ladies as safety shoes. He wore them while working with boiling wax.
She is wearing standard north Queensland safety equipment. In fact she is over dressed because she is wearing long trousers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts