1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did you try using a bit of old bicycle tire innertube where the crashbar mounts to the frame and in front of the front cyl. bolt? Cut the innertube to size and you should silence the bars..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you try using a bit of old bicycle tire innertube where the crashbar mounts to the frame and in front of the front cyl. bolt? Cut the innertube to size and you should silence the bars..
Yes, I tried various types of rubbers including inner tubes. The difference was hardly noticeable. Now, it's like there is no crash-bar.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The Givi's have a crimped fitting on the front attachement point that can become loose and allow the bars to vibrate.

When I got my set, there was a burr in the fitting and I forced it a bit too much. The result was that the fitting came lose and started rotating. A bit of welding and it's fine. The tubing is thick enough that it can take a bit of penetration.

I do NOT know how safe it is to weld them while they are on the bike, several inches from the gas tank. I wouldn't do it. Best to punch mark them, take them off and put a couple of good welds. Problem "should" be solved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts