StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did a ride Sunday with members of our local chapter of the dualsport club. Got into some uncharted areas that were a little more than we had expected but the V handled herself spectacularly. I'm more in love with that bike with each and every ride. She's getting a proper cleaning and maintenance overhaul tonite and she deserves it.

Check out some pics here:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Cool - my old stomping grounds (roughly). Lived in Porter's lake for a while, went out in dune buggies up the way you guys rode. Where exactly did you start from? Be interesting to see a GPS track of your ride. I still think trying to ride a V down one of those rock-strewn hills is pretty insane, though.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Everybody's realized that the pic is a link, right?
I did because my cursor changed to a pointy finger hand with which I picked virtual boogers from your nose, which I then smeared across your buddy's faceshield.

Great pics, I was about to comment about how there was nothing "offroad" about them........................... until I saw the boulders.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Be interesting to see a GPS track of your ride. I still think trying to ride a V down one of those rock-strewn hills is pretty insane, though.
It was more or less this:
Shubie Dr to Unknown road - Google Maps

Google loses the trail at point "C" but we carried on and came out just west of Webbers store, near the fire dept. drafting connection. It was one hell of a ride!

Oh, and thanx for the booger wipe there, Norm!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
nice! looks the bimmer slept a lot. did ya drop the v?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Insanity or .... blind, dumb luck?

... trying to ride a V down one of those rock-strewn hills is pretty insane, though.
Sometimes God protects the idiots and the insane.

Yesterday, I rode a Weestrom down 2 1/2 Kms of much worse rocks than those we see in these pictures ... bigger rocks, more rocks, looser rocks, rounder rocks, slippery side banks, and a steeper slope ... and I did it in the rain.

I didn't dump the Wee [ although skill had very little to do with that ],
but I did wreck my Motech skid plate pretty thoroughly.

Yep,
sometimes God really does protect us idiots ...
but I wouldn't go so far as to call us insane.

I know there was some one videoing my bumbling and bashing down that slope ... I'll see if I can get a copy to prove my claims.

Otherwise,
you can ignore this posting as just another
" one that got away" big fish story.
[;{)
LAZ 1

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
DUDE! For me, "off road" means pulling the bike into the front yard so I can wax it in the shade. You got some SERIOUS stones. :jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
It was more or less this:
Shubie Dr to Unknown road - Google Maps

Google loses the trail at point "C" but we carried on and came out just west of Webbers store, near the fire dept. drafting connection. It was one hell of a ride!
I'm a little confused - that map seems to show your ride started in Burnside and ended somewhere down near Jeddore, and that you got to Meagher's grant via the 357 up the Musquodoboit river valley?

ps, despite the shorter riding season, I wish I still lived in that area - decent riding roads are easy to find, whereas this area (Hamilton, ON) was laid out by very boring surveyors for the convenience of subdividing the land for farmers.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I guess we all have different opinions on what "off road" is, all the photos look like some kind of road to me, don't even look that rough

I take that back, I didn't see page 3
I was thinking the same thing until I saw page 3 lol. Okay, I'll give you that.

This is offroad (by definition) :thumbup:

Vee creek crossing video? P3130068 - YouTube

1 - 20 of 37 Posts