StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to share this mesage with all of the great people that made a donation to the site via our "passing the hat" I received this from Brendan after I sent the $35 up to him for the site fund. Thanks all who contributed.

Thank you for helping out during our recent Cry For Help. As you know, the site continues to grow, which resulted in some unexpected growing pains. We needed a new server, or had to find a company to host it on. Eli's company i-differ.net hosted the site, and we wanted to continue it. It resulted in the needed hardware upgrade due to our increased "load".
The windfall of donations has given us the resources to perform more upgrades. We now have the ability to pay some experts to do the work. I guarantee you I will suck that account dry. :) but you will see the benefits. We will make this not only the best V-Strom forum in the world (but it already is) we will be the best enthusiasts forum.
Again, thank you for the assistance in keeping your site up and running.

Brendan, Tige, GrayWolf and all the mods.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
A big thanks to all our mods for keeping this site together!

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Quick response.

Right on, Jim.

I picked up a valuable piece of roadkill on the way home from the April 4 event, and I sent Brendan the proceeds after I sold it to a tourist. Three things about recent events made me proud:

When those who put the effort into making this site great asked for money, a lot of hands went into pockets, some farther than mine went, but many gave what suited them to give, and they mentioned it, and gave FAST!

Thanks was given, both in public to all and privately, to me anyway and I suppose to others. The gratitude was well expressed, and that too was FAST!

Whatever we provided, it was used effectively to improve things substantially. They didn't just sweep out some roaches and run a rag around the place, they dug in and produced improvements that are being praised loudly. These upgrades answered some wishes I saw expressed, and these too came FAST!

All these are signs of a quality establishment, and I appreciate it all.

Keith

1 - 4 of 4 Posts