StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

If you live in the DC area, I've found a great shop for getting service done. A shop that:
a) Knows what a Vstrom is
b) Knows what you mean when you say "I want TBS, TPS, and valves set to max loose spec"
c) Doesn't charge you ridiculous amounts of cash
d) Actually does a great job

Manassas Kawasaki Honda Suzuki ... in Manassas, VA.

I was in bad need of TBS and told them to set valves to max loose spec while they were in there. They checked my plugs (fine) and filter (fine, blew out dust) for free. They also flushed my radiator (had to drain it anyway for valves).

Total cost for me... $225.00. Took them a day to get it done.

When I took my bike in, they noticed me looking at the 2010 yellow Goldwing they had in the showroom. Without missing a beat, the service guy asked if I wanted to take it for test ride. :thumbup:

So anyway ... Just FYI.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Sound like a good price. Did they give you the final valve clearance for future reference?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Per my request they set all valves to max loose spec. Can't recall off the top of my head what that is. I've got the chart.

When I checked the valves at 8000 miles, the valves in pretty much dead center of spec.

When they checked before they did the valves, they were dead center of spec at 13000 miles.

I just had them do the valves anyway since "Slappy Valves are Happy Valves" and since valves only get tighter over time. I figure now I'll never have to worry about my valves again. I'll prolly check them at 50,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Thanks for the report! I'd bought my previous bike, a Honda, from them (MHK) before a management change took place, but went to a different dealer further away for my Wee-Strom. Hadn't been back to MHK much since then but glad to hear they are giving good service, might give 'em a whirl next time I need any.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ugh that's the wrong side of the DC area...

The place near me tried to sell me on a yosh flash when I asked for an estimate on doing a TBS...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts