StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It amazing what you can find on youtube, out of curiostity I typed in the 3 local roads that I ride the most and sure enough someone out there had uploaded footage of them. On these dirt and tar roads I only need one bike, the Strom.
Next time its raining and you have a half hour to spare check out these clips.
Warning - On the weekends these roads are full of 4wd's and tourists braking heavily in corners they are not familiar with and also straying into oncoming lanes, mainly because they have not driven in mountains a lot !! so a mid week ride is better then my daily commute on one of these roads.

1. MountainLagoon
Mountain Lagoon Firetrail part 1 - YouTube
625 SXC and DRZ along Mountain Lagoon Road part 2 - YouTube
KTM 625 SXC & DRZ 400 - YouTube
2. Bells of Line
Bells Line of Road NSW on my 2007 Hyosung GT650. - YouTube
3. Putty
Putty rd ride on Aprilia RSV1000R Factory - YouTube

If anyone has footage of their local roads they would like to post, It will keep me out of trouble the next time Im rained in here. thanks

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
That fire trail might be good for tomorrow if I can find it. :fineprint:

Thanks Mick.

Edit;
Looks like it is just Mountain Lagoon Road from what I can find on google so far.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Wind, yeh the Aprilla roars up the putty, but I thinlk the sound is the KTM superduke doing the filming....very nice

Ock, yes thats it and it is now a road not a fire trail, this year it has been graded and fllled with roadbase so its an easy Strom ride now, last year it was a badly rutted and water filled track, Strom or 4x4 only. Now Nat Parks have blocked off most of the side tracks (but you could still sneak past with the KLR) enjoy what is now a road.

Yesterday (saturday) we were hit (in our 4x4) by one of those tourist drivers I mentioned on the road leading to ML road from upper colo, he came around the corner (on my side) at speed in his hilux on the loose gravel,,, when he saw my 2 tonne Patrol, instead of driving out of his slide he braked and of course then slid into my right front panel, along both my doors and my rear gaurd, when he finally bounced of my rear tyre his car was in bad shape and my late 80's steel patrol will need an insurance fix PITA !!
If we had of been on the Strom we would have been put over the edge of the 100 odd foot cliff, most likely in very bad shape.

Well here are some more of my youtube links of some favorite roads.
Maquarie pass Macquarie Pass - YouTube
Thunderbolts way timelapse Thunderbolt's Way Time Lapse Journey - YouTube
Waterfall way The Waterfall Way - YouTube

·
Registered
387 Posts
Mt Mee

Here is my first go at a youtube upload, of one of my local rides.
Video taken with a hundred dollar "snapshot" camera mounted on the bars with a ram mount.
Mt Mee - YouTube
Cheers brian

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mick,

Glad to hear you are ok. When will people realize that they need to slow down as others may be on the road (any road) as well. I have had this type of thing happen to me up in the Watagan's when I was on my bike. Scares the heck out of you. Stay safe and take care.

pete

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Brian, looks like I'll be taking some nice detours around Brisbane next ride north. After too much Easter holidaying (riding&camping ) I am now a bit crook so your youtube riding links are helping me deal with my allergic reaction to returning to work.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mick,

Glad to hear you are ok. When will people realize that they need to slow down as others may be on the road (any road) as well. I have had this type of thing happen to me up in the Watagan's when I was on my bike. Scares the heck out of you. Stay safe and take care.

pete
Thanks Pete, hopefully the insurance will fix my 4X4 and not just write it off.....Watagans !! some rough tracks up there !!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Tasmainan roads.

I have been playing with a drift camera for a while, this is a link to my you tube page, feel free to look at any of the files here. Be aware that in some of the footage the wind noise is unbelievably loud so adjust volume accordingly, also the footage is extremely long so you may want to fast forward through some of the boring parts.

Tones Tasmanian tempters

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been playing with a drift camera for a while, this is a link to my you tube page, feel free to look at any of the files here. Be aware that in some of the footage the wind noise is unbelievably loud so adjust volume accordingly, also the footage is extremely long so you may want to fast forward through some of the boring parts.

Tones Tasmanian tempters
Thanks BT, the rain is about to set in for a week here, I'm not living in the dry rain shadow of Tassies western mountain ranges! so I think we will stay a week or two when we finally get there :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
:yikes: Whats the KIWI going to say about that :green_lol:Overtaking on dbl lines-- on corners:yikes:
Prepare for the:new_shitsmiley:
It's all an optical illusion caused by the wide angle of the lens and the positioning of the camera......... :angel_27:

·
Registered
126 Posts
iHey guys, is there any single track or fire track colse to the northern beaches. That is not that extreme?
Search Watagans on youtube, should give you a taste. :thumbup:

Cheers, Wanderlost.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
:yikes: Whats the KIWI going to say about that :green_lol:Overtaking on dbl lines-- on corners:yikes:
Prepare for the:new_shitsmiley:
I'm going to say that the rider is a statistic waiting for his obituary to be written and when it is I sincerely hope that it says that he was the only one killed in the at fault crash.

And thanks for the heads up I wouldn't have bothered watching if you hadn't insisted that it did.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts