StromTrooper banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, got them.

They seem solid. Haven't put them on the bike yet. My bike is in a friend's garage.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 V-Strom 1000 ADV, 2017 DRZ 400 SM
768 Posts
Well, got them.

They seem solid. Haven't put them on the bike yet. My bike is in a friend's garage.

Hope they work out for you, but it's impossible to tell the quality and strength of a casting just by looking at it. I went with Fastway and no issues or regrets... similar to these but more square platform

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
I mean, these were $20. They attach to the stock pegs. Even if they disintegrate, I'll still be on the stock pegs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hope they work out for you, but it's impossible to tell the quality and strength of a casting just by looking at it. I went with Fastway and no issues or regrets... similar to these but more square platform

is there 1 size mount for pegs? Meaning any peg would attach? Or are the bases different?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't believe these were available when I installed the Chinese cast iron pegs a year and a half ago. My only complaint on those are that they could be a bit longer. They are as long as the OEM, but another 20 mm would be better. Thinking of doing the Pivotz Peg.

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
8,869 Posts
Yes, I did and took them off and returned to OEM.
The brake side was OK but the shifter side made it more difficult to get under the shifter. I also just felt more comfortable being able to know exactly where the footpeg was under my boot and could not always positively locate it with instep braced boots. I guess some might like them but they did not work for me.

·
Registered
2015 V-Strom 1000 ADV, 2017 DRZ 400 SM
768 Posts
is there 1 size mount for pegs? Meaning any peg would attach? Or are the bases different?

I would give them a call...my info is a few years old as I put them on in 2016 and they still look brand new.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, I did and took them off and returned to OEM.
The brake side was OK but the shifter side made it more difficult to get under the shifter. I also just felt more comfortable being able to know exactly where the footpeg was under my boot and could not always positively locate it with instep braced boots. I guess some might like them but they did not work for me.
So you had these, and did not like them?
Automotive design Font Auto part Automotive exterior Electric blue

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
8,869 Posts
So you had these, and did not like them?

Yes, the exact same, and I myself did not like them for my stated reasons. Perhaps with different boots and an extended shifter, but I decided to remove them and refit the OEM rubbers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, the exact same, and I myself did not like them for my stated reasons. Perhaps with different boots and an extended shifter, but I decided to remove them and refit the OEM rubbers.
OK I actually have the relocated controls from adventuretech.biz and also I have some new dirt boots that I haven't worn yet So we'll see how that works

41 - 52 of 52 Posts