StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed footpeg lowering brackets on my DL1000. I am now trying to find lower/wider shift lever and rear brake pedal. I love the extra leg room and have been managing shifting but still have to remove my boot from footpeg completely to apply the rear brake. I would appreciate any input or new product tips.

Thanks

·
Registered
672 Posts
I put kit on my Wee. For the shifter I did two things. First just took the bolt out of the shifter and rotated the mechanism one spline. I thought it was to much of a change so I put it back to stock and used Greywolfs method, loosen the two lock nuts and then just adjusted the mechanism by turning the adjuster a few turns. I think a search, or if Greywol jumps in he can show you the pics of what he did. I found the brake lever ok for me so I didn't need to adjust it or if I did it was so minimal I do not remember doing it. No need to purchase new stuff. Now when I ride my wife's Wee I sure do feel cramped up.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I love the extra leg room and have been managing shifting but still have to remove my boot from footpeg completely to apply the rear brake.
What brand of lowering kit did you use? Richland Rick's kit handles it pretty well. Other brands require more heroic efforts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
footpeg lowering kit

Not sure what brand it is. Bought it used from the stromtrooper classifieds.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Does it look like this?

If not, you have to figure out a way to shorten the rear brake rod between the lever and the master cylinder, get used to the high pedal or forget about it and switch to the Richland Rick kit at Rick's "FOOTPEG AND CONTROL" Lowering Kit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I'm looking for

Thank You

I just sent a pm to Rick to order these.

:hurray:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts