StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything currently (read some old threads) available that bolts onto the 3/4" OEM tubes? Black would be nice too but anything that would work or maybe the mounts are separate from the pegs?? TIA

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I emailed Dan Vesel and he still offers an L Bracket mount that fits with the crash bars/engine bar but I didn't really want to add another bar/mount. I found some cheap Bikemaster's that would fit the 21mm tube but they are just too cheap looking and have bad reviews ad a second set that looked good but the reviews said they moved on a tube clamp. My that is an issue w/o another bar or mounting system?

I know some of you going hundreds of miles are not sticking with the stock pegs for all of those hours. :yikes:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just went 350 miles yesterday on my bike and I would have loved to have a set of highway pegs. I'm probably going to invest in a seat cushion too. I'm beginning the search, I may make my own.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Highway bars / pegs are one of the first farkles I did to my '12 when I bought her new, I can't even ride around town without them! Mine ar simply black square tubing with hinged pegs, u-bolted to the crash bar cross over. Wish I could remember where I bought them...would be simple to build too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Highway bars / pegs are one of the first farkles I did to my '12 when I bought her new, I can't even ride around town without them! Mine ar simply black square tubing with hinged pegs, u-bolted to the crash bar cross over. Wish I could remember where I bought them...would be simple to build too.
The guy I bought my Wee2 from fabricated them himself in this manner. I'll try to remember to take a pic of them today and post it.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Use a pair of 7/8 frame clamps with a set of rubber pegs, 40 bucks for everything. The clamps come chrome or black. I think I got mine from revzilla, still in box, when I install I'll post a pic..

·
Registered
504 Posts
In many cases you will pick up vibration felt through the pegs if they are mounted to crashbars or a skidplate. I sat on a friends wee that had clamp on pegs on his crashbars and they really were not all that comfortable being so high up.

T

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These are what Dan Vesel currently has for $110 and actually may be in a more comfortable location. They are also mounted to the frame.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Like the look of Van Desel pegs cause I don't have crash bars. Having trouble finding where to find this product thou. Any help out there?

·
Registered
504 Posts
According to Happy trails site their peg brackets will not fit the OEM crashbars with the smaller diameter tubing . And I think the reason they are "reasonably priced" is because they are furnished with stamped steel $5.00 foot pegs.

T

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I haven't had an issue with mine, they are fitted to a Givi engine guard

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 50 Posts