StromTrooper banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 650 V-Strom
94 Posts
While I am at it, the AT mirror extenders are also a No Brainer. My bike has the best mirror placement of any bike I have ridden, plus I have an Extra RAM mount ball now.
I got my mirror extenders from Amazon .... £12.99 and next day delivery, the second pair i’ve bought .... Ideal !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Facetime is a great tool for get help with your installation. As long as you don't look like robo-spam, I'll answer the phone. So if I don't answer leave a message and I'll call back.
What's the best foot peg/shifter lowering kit out there? One from Adventuretech looks promising and has good reviews. There is also one from Ravetech that's cheaper, but I can't tell if the shifter is lowered with it.
Three reasons I'm contemplating this - 1. Better riding position with more relaxed knees. 2. When standing up, feet will be lower, and I will have more natural angle on the handlebars. 3. More room to shift with stiffer boots.
Thoughts? Experiences?
Another plus with the lowering kit is since the shifter is moved forward more, the angle between it and your boot is better so the shifting is easier and with less effort. I agree that Adventure Tech does everything well. The products are well made and fit perfectly on the bike. I have the lowering kit, the adventure LED auxiliary lights (cool) and the Ram Ball dashboard mount which relocates your GPS to just below eye level so you are not having to look down if you have a handlebar mount.

·
Premium Member
2016 650 V-Strom
94 Posts
Another plus with the lowering kit is since the shifter is moved forward more, the angle between it and your boot is better so the shifting is easier and with less effort. I agree that Adventure Tech does everything well. The products are well made and fit perfectly on the bike. I have the lowering kit, the adventure LED auxiliary lights (cool) and the Ram Ball dashboard mount which relocates your GPS to just below eye level so you are not having to look down if you have a handlebar mount.
Which kit is available in the UK ? The AT kit looks great but P&P and taxes make it a no no ...:(

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
10,859 Posts
Nobody wishes to change your opinion. It's just that some do not like to see such opinions in the open forums.
No offence intended. Have a great day.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts