StromTrooper banner

Foot peg lowering kit

3998 26
What's the best foot peg/shifter lowering kit out there? One from Adventuretech looks promising and has good reviews. There is also one from Ravetech that's cheaper, but I can't tell if the shifter is lowered with it.
Three reasons I'm contemplating this - 1. Better riding position with more relaxed knees. 2. When standing up, feet will be lower, and I will have more natural angle on the handlebars. 3. More room to shift with stiffer boots.
Thoughts? Experiences?
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
As a testimonial regarding the strength of the Adventuretech lowering kit - I have a friend who is 300lbs plus. He gets on my bike using the left foot peg so all of his weight was on it. I cringed - but NO PROBLEM. Also, I ride fairly aggressively and I've never dragged one of the pegs on either side.

·
Premium Member
2016 650 V-Strom
86 Posts
Does anyone have any knowledge of shipping costs to the UK.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had the AdventureTech lowering kit with gearshift extension on my 2019 650XT for a few months now. It's well engineered, easy to install if you take care and watch the instructional videos and it does what it says on the box - more comfortable knees. I can recommend this bike for long distance touring on variable roads and the lowering kit makes it better. Thanks, Rick... but, now I scrape the pegs when riding with enthusiasm. I'm no racer, so my idea of enthusiasm isn't that quick, but then again, it makes me feel like a hero and I'm on a V-Strom, not a sportsbike, so I'll appreciate my bike for what it does (very) well and not complain about cornering clearance!

·
Premium Member
2,607 Posts
Remember to tuck your feet up when cornering. My foot has hit a few times when the suspension is compressed in a corner. I did find the AT lowering kit made my Vstrom much more comfortable. It is a perfect fit now and I am not even tall.

Reactions: richlandrick

·
Vendor
7,455 Posts
I've had the AdventureTech lowering kit with gearshift extension on my 2019 650XT for a few months now. It's well-engineered, easy to install if you take care and watch the instructional videos and it does what it says on the box - more comfortable knees. I can recommend this bike for long-distance touring on variable roads and the lowering kit makes it better. Thanks, Rick... but, now I scrape the pegs when riding with enthusiasm. I'm no racer, so my idea of enthusiasm isn't that quick, but then again, it makes me feel like a hero and I'm on a V-Strom, not a sportsbike, so I'll appreciate my bike for what it does (very) well and not complain about cornering clearance!
When you get frisky, try moving your body/weight to the inside. That will keep the bike more upright. It's what road racers do and they do it for good reason. Some guys lean the bike over and try to keep the body upright when cornering hard. You could scrape the pegs even on a dirt bike that way.

·
Premium Member
2,607 Posts
While I am at it, the AT mirror extenders are also a No Brainer. My bike has the best mirror placement of any bike I have ridden, plus I have an Extra RAM mount ball now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts