StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must wear glasses under helmet, but they fog up when I breathe. Vents and breath-guard help a little, but not always. Any recommendations? Anti-fog sprays? Anti-fog prescription riding glasses?

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
0 Posts
Cat crap(really the name) works great on glasses...but using it on the shield is kinda a pain.

BTD.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I use a Scott no fog cloth. Mine is about 2 years old and still works. It takes up very little room. Just breathe on the glass to fog it and wipe off the fog with the cloth. No more foggy glasses.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I use a Scott no fog cloth. Mine is about 2 years old and still works. It takes up very little room. Just breathe on the glass to fog it and wipe off the fog with the cloth. No more foggy glasses.
Good to know. I'll give them a try, cloth doesn't melt. :)

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I'm a skier who wears glasses under my goggles, so I face fogged glasses a lot.

You want something that causes the moisture to sheet over, not bead up. A thin smear of bar soap works, polished out with a soft cotton cloth. Or a thin smear of liquid detergent polished out. Or any of the antifog products mentioned above.

Nothing works perfectly. These do a fairly good job, plus ventilation for the best possible result.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have a friend that swears by toothpaste, just plain non-gritty toothpaste.

Personally, I resolved this problem by buying a Foggy Mask. I put it in my helmet when the temps go down a bit, and don't worry about foggy anything anymore. Just make sure you adjust it so it fits to your face well. Basically, it keeps all your expelled breath out of the vision areas.

Good luck!

·
Registered
69 Posts
fog

+1 for the cat crap on the glasses and I also use Fog city inserts on the shields. Works for me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The Respro Foggy is a cheap and fantastic product that fits inside your helmet and seals off your eyes from your nose/mouth. I leave mine in year-round, gets a little gamey midsummer but not enough of a problem to remove it...

It's $20 and made of neoprene. I've never seen one in a MC shop, only online... Great product.

·
Registered
94 Posts
For my glasses, I prefer FogTech

I've dealt with fogging through five Oregon winters so I've tried lots of stuff. For the glasses specifically (per the original question) I've found that:

1. CatCrap is way better than nothing, but not perfect and I found the application process a bit tedious

2. FogTech (http://www.fogtech.com/fogtech.html) works even better than CatCrap and is easier to apply. I do find that I must apply fresh FogTech each morning that I expect fogging conditions and then clean my glasses when I get to work because I find the (slight) distortion annoying while I'm working. Still, I continue to use the product since it is the best I've found for anti-fog on the glasses. I've also had good results with FogTech on the inside of my visors but unless the fogging conditions are especially severe I just make sure my Shark visor (has built in anti fog coating) is very clean and that works well enough.

3. I have not tried the scott no fog cloth and that product sounds very convenient so I might give it a shot

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Fog tech for the prescription glasses. I've been using the same bottle since 2005. For the shield, just wash the inside with soap and buff dry with cloth.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Hey, try a little foam shave cream, (not the gel), and wipe/buff it clear. Works for me, you can buy a tiny trial size for less than 1.00

It works especially well on the inside of faceshields too. A side benefit is it makes you smell...manly....or less manly, which ever the case may be.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I use Cat Crap, but will try that Fogtech stuff. I've used Soap before too.

One thing I'm doing (waiting for them to arrive) is to get an extra pair of cheap glasses that I can leave with the Cat Crap on it. I've broken way too many expensive glasses on the bike.

I know lots of people that have ordered before and my GF has also. Site is zennioptical.com You can get a pair of glasses for 8 bucks. Yes, 8 bucks.

One other thing I do is get the mouth guards for snowmobiling for my helmets. This makes controls the breath from travelling up near the glasses.

·
Registered
253 Posts
+ 1 for Fog Tech. Simple to use and works great.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I kept getting my glasses fogging up. I tried a few different things including cat crap. Couldn't find anything that worked perfectly.

I also had the problem that my helmet would shake and move my glasses and make everything look shaky, making it seem like i was going warp 5 instead of 70. My glasses then started to break. The side of the helmet would bend the glasses frame when I put them on, and I kept bending them back when not wearing the helmet. Eventually, they started to break and I had to glue them back together. This was only a temporary fix.

I went the expensive route and got lasik. Now I don't have to worry about fog, shaky vision, broken glasses, or a lot of other things. Not the cheapest route but it worked for me. Now I just have to worry about the visor fogging up. :rolleyes:

Travis

·
Registered
961 Posts
Low tech, open the face shield a crack.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I kept getting my glasses fogging up. I tried a few different things including cat crap. Couldn't find anything that worked perfectly.

I also had the problem that my helmet would shake and move my glasses and make everything look shaky, making it seem like i was going warp 5 instead of 70. My glasses then started to break. The side of the helmet would bend the glasses frame when I put them on, and I kept bending them back when not wearing the helmet. Eventually, they started to break and I had to glue them back together. This was only a temporary fix.

I went the expensive route and got lasik. Now I don't have to worry about fog, shaky vision, broken glasses, or a lot of other things. Not the cheapest route but it worked for me. Now I just have to worry about the visor fogging up. :rolleyes:

Travis
Yeah, but some of us are too old for Lasik and not yet ready for cataract replacement lenses. I've found that minor adjustments to the inside foam in a helmet with the ball end of a ball pein hammer works well.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
The Respro Foggy is a cheap and fantastic product that fits inside your helmet and seals off your eyes from your nose/mouth. I leave mine in year-round, gets a little gamey midsummer but not enough of a problem to remove it...

It's $20 and made of neoprene. I've never seen one in a MC shop, only online... Great product.
+1 as well, cured my problems, if it's really bad I use glasses with plastic frames. They do not get as warm on your face or is it cold. But the combo works below 32 down to 22 degrees!! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts