StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

While missing riding my Vstrom because it's winter almost, I decided I should install some modifications on it. The first thing that came to mind are fog lights. And since I don't know much about them, I'm wondering which ones do you guys recommend. I really don't want to spend a lot of money for them, so I'm looking for a cheaper version that would "spice" up my bike a bit :)

Thanks for suggestions :)

·
Premium Member
3,462 Posts
Not much money?:

I put these on 15K ago on the '15...hung them on the turn signal stalks:

https://www.amazon.com/LYLLA-Motorcycle-Headlight-Driving-Spotlight/dp/B01F37BRSS/ref=pd_sbs_107_5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=J9T5ZJY7J4CPX42XPBNJ

These on my '07 mounted to the highway bar for 30K miles:
https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Driving-Lights-Offroad-Wrangler/dp/B00VL4H78W/ref=pd_sbs_107_11?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=J9T5ZJY7J4CPX42XPBNJ

I prefer the turn signal stalk, it's rubber mounted, so less vibration to the lights. The brackets on the highway bar kept getting loose, so I JB welded them...no problem since then.

Yes I am a cheap lighting whore ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions. These LYLLA ones look pretty common, I see them everywhere :) And the price is pretty low, so I might try them out. I'm intend to mount them to the left and right crash bars. I suspect it shouldn't be a problem? :) Also it looks like they have a pretty strong "spot" beam...isn't that a bit annoying to other drivers? :) Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,462 Posts
Not if you keep them pointed down a bit. I hate seeing a bike of car with brights or aux lights up in my eyes even during the day so I do my best not to do that. The triangle effect works even if the lights are not on bright or pointed ^up.

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
Motor7 is on the right track. I got some like that and they even had a blue flashing ring on the perimeter.
I cut the wire to that. Too official looking for comfort.
They are very cheap and need to be protected from fall overs. A proper mounting position is hard to find. I've bent the crap out of both sides so far.
They do make you more obvious to oncoming traffic whether they like it or not.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Lightbar and LED lights

Have a look at the ones from Adventuretech. Price is right and he is a forum member

Suzuki Auxiliary LED Lighting - AdventureTech, LLC.

A set from him is on my list of wants. One day i'll make the leap
I have the newly introduced light bar by AdventureTech for my 13' V Storm 650...I believe it fits years 12'- 16'..
I have posted some pictures in the gallery as well... check out my recent post if you would like to hear about my experience with the light bar.. Long short of it I have had one similar to it for a long time...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts