StromTrooper banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has found that adding some foam grips to their stock skinny handgrips will completely nullify any heat coming from aftermarket heated grip warmers? I need a bit thicker and softer grip and these look easy to slip on (see link below for example of what I am talking about), but I also do not want t do anything to negated the grip heat that I get from my aftermarket set. Any one with experience they can share out there?

Product - A Vicious Cycle

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I have Grip Puppies over my heated grips which are about the same thing. It may take a little longer for the heat to start being felt but they work fine.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Yuppers, that's what I did and it works.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have heated grips and the increased diameter really make them comfy in my big hands. I couldn't imagine wanting them larger:confused:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EC90T there are many different types and styles of heated grips out there. You obviously have some that are larger in diameter than the stock grips on the 2008 Wee. But the heated grips that I have as I mentioned above are aftermarket variety that are simply a very thin heating element that fits under the stock grip and does not increase the diameter thickness of the grip. I would like to add some thicker and softer foam grips over TOP of the stock grips as my hands are very large and also looking for a softer grip to decrease the felt vibration a bit. But I was concerned that the foam sleeves would not pass through the heat from the grips. From the replies I have received it sounds like they will be fine.

·
38,103 Posts
I have HotGrips and large Grip Puppies. The resultant grips are large but I really like them. Besides not scrunching up my hands, they make it much easier to hold the throttle against the spring for long periods.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I have HotGrips and large Grip Puppies. The resultant grips are large but I really like them. Besides not scrunching up my hands, they make it much easier to hold the throttle against the spring for long periods.
+1. No problem with the heat getting through either.

·
38,103 Posts
+3... and i dont have a rheostat on my hotgrips..without the grip puppies they got too damn hot.. w the pups they are PERF.
? If I turn my Heat Troller (not a rheostat) up all the way, my grips get too hot. I didn't realize so many people besides me were using big heated grips with added covers.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You might also want to go to the local Canuck tire and look at the foam bike grips. (Schwinn Foam Grips Product #73-2468-2 for $5) as they a similar to grip puppies.
Roll them on using diluted dish soap as lube.

Ray B.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I put grip puppies on my bikes in the spring, and remove them in the winter. They attenuate the heat noticeably (by maybe 1/3) when it's really cold, so it's worth pulling them off in weather near or below freezing.

I've also noticed that grip heaters work better when your gloves and grips are wet -- just when you need it most, the water helps conduct heat. :thumbup:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Have Grip Puppies and Okford heated grips in the cold when low 30's I have to turn them on high...but if I add heavier gloves 50-75% keep the cold in check...
+1 to rain making them work much better...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts