StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://11109.rapidforum.com/topic=119977759486

How many Florida troopers are going to be making this trip?

I was speaking with jeanmarcfla tonight and we felt it would be great if we could meet with other florida riders going-up and ride as a group.

If anyone is interested post on this thread.

Steve

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
We are working on that trip now. If we go it will be on the 13th - the 20th, staying in Murphy with Marco and Isa. My wife is trying to get the time off. We should know early this week. I'll post what our plans will be soon.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim,

I talked with Marco on Saturday. I know he and Isa are going to trailer up. I will most likely leave on the 18th and return on the 21st, possibly riding up with Jean-Marc.

Steve

·
Registered
88 Posts
Steve,

If I understand, the meeting is from May 18 to 20th. I am fine to return the next day back to Florida. However, I think we should leave a couple of days before, which is the 16th to ride safely to North Carolina. I will be riding alone, my girlfriend cannot make the trip and I need to buy a Corbin saddle before the trip :D

I need more feedback where everybody is staying in order to make reservation in a motel. Any suggestion from the list you sent me?

Jean-Marc

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jean

The 16th should be fine for me.

I don't know what any of those accommodations I sent you are like. They guy to ask is johnofchar. I got the list from John on the rally posting.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Just got the word from my wife, she has that week off, so we will be going up for the wekk. Most likely will trailer bikes up and ride the various great roads. Making plans with Marco and Isa now. If you need something transported or I can help let me know.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jim, just making sure: reservation is from Sunday May 14th (checkin after 3:00pm) to Sunday may 21st (checkout before 10:00am).
We could leave very early the 21st, alternate at the drive and make it back in one day.

Ciao

Marco

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
That will make for a very long day for you my friend. Better to leave Saturday and come back to our house rest up and then make the rest of the trip on Sunday. Just one option. Tripmaker says 570 from my house to Murphy NC. Sound about right to you? We will call this weekend to firm up plans. Have a great day. Cannot wait for the trip.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
From my friends on the BMW site!!!! They arre going to be up there this weekend (04.19.06 - 04.23.06). If any changes come or extra items come cross, I'll post them here.

LEO UPDATE NEW FOR 2006 We will be posting the latest info on enforcement for the Dragon and other area roads here. There will be increased enforcement on western North Carolina roads this summer by NCHP. They will be concentrating on the major 4-lanes such as US74/19 and NC28. Watch for radar here. Also expect to see NC Motorcycle Troopers in the area on a limited basis. We have seen Blount Co Sheriff cars on the Dragon recently. Be aware that they will issue tickets for unreasonable speeds and unsafe riding.

S

·
0 Posts
What to do

Guys, you are killing me, I will be close, but on the wrong bike, that is the same weekend as the KLR meet at TWO, I will run down and say HI, I have already made revs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: What to do

shrek650 said:
Guys, you are killing me, I will be close, but on the wrong bike, that is the same weekend as the KLR meet at TWO, I will run down and say HI, I have already made revs.
Nawh.... no such a thing as a WRONG BIKE, allright ??

...unless is a H.D. :twisted:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts