·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet & Greet # 5 - April 15, 2005

We'll meet at San Antonio City Park at 10:30 AM. We can spend some
time socializing, and those wishing to eat may do so. We'll target 12:00 PM
(or earlier) to get on the road.

Starting in San Antonio, we will travel over and around the "Mountains" :lol: of
Pasco & Hernando Counties. Next we'll head north traversing the wilderness of the
Withlacoochee State Forest. Our trip will end at Coach's Pub & Eatery in
downtown Inverness.

Detailed maps can be found at http://cycle.frogfruit.com/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=560
At the site, click on the thumbnails for a larger image.

Distance is 125 miles.

This ride will inculed a 4.5 miles dirt section. The section is well graded and little to no sand. I'm a
novice dirt rider and I was able to handle it without any problems. A dirt-free bypass will be provided.

The following people plan to attend:

Charlie P.
Victor
Lou
Rod
Mike
Bill "SandShark"
Jim
Gene
Doug

Starting Point:
San Antonio City Park
N 28º 20.155'
W 82º 16.365'
next to:
Panchos Villa Mexican Restaurant
32804 Pennsylvania Ave
San Antonio, FL 33576
(352) 588-3037

Mid-point:
To be determined

End Point:
Coach's Pub & Eatery
N 28º 50.155'
W 82º 19.870'
114 W Main St
Inverness, FL 34450
(352) 344-3333

:arrow: Send me an e-mail at [email protected] or post a reply on this forum if you plan to attend.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
The weather forecast looks good. I hope a bunch of you folks can make it. This area is about an hour west of the Clermont ride. Lots of shade trees and curves.

Rod

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes!!!

Hey,

Good, I think the M&G should start early. I will be there. This one should be interesting for me. I have never riden that route before. It's allways good when you get to see familiar faces in new places. :D

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Mike and I spent all afternoon looking for a suitable route. He's got all of this GPS plotting stuff. Damned gadget nerd :shock: :D There will be hills, and LOTS of 15 MPH turns. It should be fun. I'm with Vicstrom. Let's get the M&G done early and ride.

Rod

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In addition to all the curves Rod found, there'll be a first for one of our M&G rides, DIRT. We've routed a 4.5 miles dirt section. Little to no sand, very well packed surface (limestone?). Rod and I were able to ride along at 45 mph with no problems. I myself have little dirt experience (about 4.5 miles 8) ). Lots of dust because of the dry weather, so don't wash your bike before the ride :lol: . A dirt-free cutoff will be made available, but any cycle could traverse this dirt road. Mater of fact we saw a scooter (Yamaha Zuma?) and a BWW 1150 GS.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Awesome maps, Mike!!! Let's leave tonight! I will set up my Digital SLR a couple times on the route. If you want a high res action photo for free, you better show up :D

Rod

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks like another great ride. If I didn't have a wedding to go to on the 15th I'd be there. The southern guys have a ride around Lake Okeechobee also scheduled for the 15th that I will ride at least half of. Hopefully I will see you guys sometime in the future.

Steve

·
Registered
54 Posts
Will Be There, Calling Victor & Lou

SandShark will be there.

Victor, Lou or anyone else want to meet up and ride over together.

Just installed my new windscreen today MP Cycle Designs. Will test it out tomorrow. Can't wait for long ride test on Sat.

Bill "SandShark
03 DL1000 "The Fast Silver"
02 DRZ400S "Super Modified"

·
Registered
167 Posts
Re: Will Be There, Calling Victor & Lou

whalenwp said:
SandShark will be there.

Victor, Lou or anyone else want to meet up and ride over together.

Just installed my new windscreen today MP Cycle Designs. Will test it out tomorrow. Can't wait for long ride test on Sat.

Bill "SandShark
03 DL1000 "The Fast Silver"
02 DRZ400S "Super Modified"
Bill,

Can you post some pics of the new shield? i am real interested on how this is going to work out for you. I have a Windstrom prototype and was thinking of either getting the MP or the new Windstrom.

Steve

·
Registered
725 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm going to miss this ride because my bike is in the shop (http://www.stromtrooper.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4799) and won't be ready in time. I really need to get a second bike...

BTW, anyone going to the Leesburg Bikefest? I'll have my bike back by then, and I'm thinking of riding out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Riding over to M&G

:D
For any one elso who might be interested. Some of us are going to meet and ride over.

Lets meet at 9:00 at the McDonalds with the plan to be on the road by 9:30

Hi Bill, Victor & Doug

I'd like to ride over with you guys. How about meeting at the McDonald's in
Groveland at 9:30. It will take about an hour to get to San Antonio from
there.

Lou

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Weather forecast is 87 degrees and sunny. Those shade trees and rivers are going to come in handy.

What time do you guys want to leave San Antonio?

Rod

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hope to be there at the M & G Saturday!

The Stromster will probably be there, but I will need to cut out about 3pm to make it back home for some out of town relatives showing up about 4pm or so. Lets get the show on the road earlier than 12 noon if no one has a problem with that. I would really like to do the entire ride. I have ridden all the roads that Mike has mapped in the past many times and all I can say is that this will be a great fun and scenic ride. Good job Mike!!!
I will be meeting Sandshark and Victor and Lou at Groveland Mcdonalds about 9am for the ride over to San Antonio.

"When in doubt....GAS IT!!"

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I'll be there, most likely meet up with the group at Groveland and ride in with them. IMHO, I'd like to leave at the 10:30 time frame or as early as possible. Yes it stays light later now, but for those of us that have any distance to ride back home, the critters start coming out about the time we are mostly home. The worst possible time for us as we are at our most tired point and anxious to get home. The extra time at the beginning helps in that respect. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Jim, if you would like to can sack out here at my house until Sunday morning befor you head home. I live within 15 miles of the last stop.
We have a extra bedroom and you and yours or just you are more than welcome. I might even get you out Saturday night for a brew or two and dinner.

·
Registered
24 Posts
New time

Troopers,

For the benefit of all the strommers that have activities later that day we should all make an effort to Meet at and no later than 10:30. This way we can target 11:00am as the departure time.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Charlie, thanks for the offer. Being that Sunday is Easter and all, I'll pass on the invite this time, but maybe in the future... See you in the morning, doing the last of the taxes this afternoon and got restless, so I checked in here for a quick stop. Back to the grind now, 1 state left.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Hope to be there at the M & G Saturday!

foneguy_dd said:
I have ridden all the roads that Mike has mapped in the past many times and all I can say is that this will be a great fun and scenic ride. Good job Mike!!!
I only get half the credit. RodK maped out all the curvey bits north of Pasco county.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts