StromTrooper banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I figured we had an early crash on our hands when you made that fast turn early on. Usually you see that much rear tire smoke from a burnout, not braking.
I'm still seeing it, I had a great view they were just ahead Moriie who was ahead of me.

The bike fishtailed hard about four or five times, enough that his left sidecase popped open. I was ready to weave around human and mechanical debris. Fortunately that was not the case.

·
Registered
22 Posts
FLC2C Good Ride

:thumbup: Great meetin' y'all - Norm, Ken, and the others. Had a good ride, glrad to have been part of that V group.
Looking forward to next year and many other other rides in between.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
:thumbup: Great meetin' y'all - Norm, Ken, and the others. Had a good ride, glrad to have been part of that V group.
Looking forward to next year and many other other rides in between.
Likewise, give me a holler next time you head up this way, I can show you some roads that are designed to frighten Floridians.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Photos

Here are some photos from the event. Those of you who also taking pictures...let's see 'em! This batch is from the Seffner hotel, pre-ride. That red Moto Guzzi is one Richard Buber of Cocoa FL built sold; the sidehack rig is what he rode.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
And a Few More

This is leaving, and along the way. That's my gorgeous 07 Vee in the forest shot. And the last photo is our own Stroman Nroman, figuring out his route home from deep in the Central Florida back-woods!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Obviously some of the old school Strommers have not met a lot of the current strommers. I would agree, the Vstroms gained in big numbers on the Gold WIngs.

Let's all meet up soon.

Rod
Riverview, FL

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Rod it would appear that many of the newer Strom riders were out in force. I did get to meet Morrie after the ride. Saw so many Stroms sorta made miss mine a little, then I twisted the throttle on the FJR and the memory was gone! Poof!

Lets all get together soon and meet face to face.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Here are the few shots I took, in pathological order:

Before departure in Seffner. By the way, Seffner is a good hour from the Gulf Coast, one of the coasts alluded to in the name of this ride, of which, I might add, I was not an official participant. My bike is the one with the sticker on the windsheild which proves to be proximinally ironic by the end of this thread.

Here's a photo-op stop that, like any in any group ride turned into a urine/hydration/stretching/gossiping/layer-shedding/undergarment-adjusting/oil-checking/chain-lubing/tire-pressure-checking stop.

Here's our intrepid leader and his trepid second-in-command explaining that these trees were transplanted from Jamaica, hence the dreadlocks:

Here's my bike at the Hotel in Jacksonville with one of Keith Faulkner's support vehicles. When I was loading up to leave at 4:00 AM, the bike fell off the centerstand into Keith's support vehicle leaving a scratch, ding, broken mirror, window, missing radio, siphoned gas and the hood ornament somehow got pried off. Should I have left a note? Did I mention that it was parked in a handicap space without a handicap placard?

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
HP R937.

It's a nice little camera, but not without some problems.

I've been through three of them. The latch on the battery/SD card door likes to break. Screws like to fall out. The automatic lens cover likes to get stuck and sometimes you'll get that lovely azure sceen de la muerte.

That being said the panarama feature is really cool. So is the large touchscreen interface.

They quit making them years ago, I'm sure you can still get a NOS one online.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
HP R937.

It's a nice little camera, but not without some problems.

I've been through three of them. The latch on the battery/SD card door likes to break. Screws like to fall out. The automatic lens cover likes to get stuck and sometimes you'll get that lovely azure sceen de la muerte.

That being said the panarama feature is really cool. So is the large touchscreen interface.

They quit making them years ago, I'm sure you can still get a NOS one online.

Yike! I think not!!

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Sony DSC-H70 does a sweet job with these panaramas that you actually pan.

Rod
Riverview, FL
Cool.

The HP requires that youtake several pictures. A ghost image of about 1/3 of the previous shot remains for alignment. The camera then stiches the shots together to make the panarama.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Cool.

The HP requires that youtake several pictures. A ghost image of about 1/3 of the previous shot remains for alignment. The camera then stiches the shots together to make the panarama.
So that's how it's done. Like the old NASA shots of and from the Moon.

What I'd really like is a camera (NOT a video cam) that I could stick on my helmet and trigger remotely without having to take my hands off the bike. I can shoot from the seat on flat straight roads, but the interesting shots are never there.

A guy had a GoPro of the entire trip at the End 'O Ride Waterfest, but it seems dumb to page through hours of video to get a few good pictures.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
it seems dumb to page through hours of video to get a few good pictures.
Depends on your free time.

I have used that HP on a mount to shoot video.

The touch screen made it relatively easy to do so.

The downside was the lack of shock damping in my spindly homemade rig and the low resolution video.

ChasingMeefzah.avi - YouTube

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm still seeing it, I had a great view they were just ahead Moriie who was ahead of me.

The bike fishtailed hard about four or five times, enough that his left sidecase popped open. I was ready to weave around human and mechanical debris. Fortunately that was not the case.
I thought sure there was going to be a high side. It was incredible to watch him save it with that heavy bike and riding two-up to boot.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I thought sure there was going to be a high side. It was incredible to watch him save it with that heavy bike and riding two-up to boot.
Indeed..........

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I had no idea there was so much action going on behind me. :ciappa:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.