1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Florida Coast2Coast Ride VI
Saturday, November 12th., 2011

FLC2C 2011

Thanks to those who have already registered for the ride!!!

Those who have not - why not???!!!<g>

Come enjoy the ride!!!

Get out & explore Florida!!!

Cruzn'AL
Valrico, FL

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK folks - for those who have not - now is the time to make plans to attend Florida Coast2Coast Ride 2011 - the route is awesome!!!

FLC2C 2011

Come enjoy one of the best rides that happens right here in the Sunshine State!!!

Cruzn'AL

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK folks - the Florida Coast2Coast Ride is now just 'Ten Weeks' away!!!

Get registered for the ride & make plans to be there!!!

Come enjoy the wonderful weather of mid-November here in Florida!!!

Florida Coast2Coast Ride 2011
FLC2C 2011

Get out & come explore Florida!!!

Cruzn'AL

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ride is now 'Nine Weeks' away!!!

Make sure you are registered for the ride, to be enjoyed in mild-temps in mid-November!!!

Florida Coast2Coast Ride
FLC2C 2011

Come enjoy/experience one of the best rides in the Sunshine State & see Florida like you have never seen it!!!

Get out & come explore Florida!!!

Cruzn'AL

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Four Hondas following a Yamaha?

I will be part of the 2011 Florida Coast-2-Coast ride, and I will be bringing along two pals I rode with in Canada, during the Kennedy administration! I hope to ride with Curtis on his small vintage bike.

So that makes four of us, all on Hondas.

I am hoping that Clem, on his magnificent Yamaha will lead us from Tampa to Daytona, because I thoroughly respect his riding skills and leadership.

Heck of a bunch of bikes to mention on a Suzuki thread, eh?

Well, that's how it goes.

See you there.
Keith

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hope to be there.

I am planning on trying to go. I have to work. 7:00am to 7:00pm on the 11th. Then drive from daytona to Tampa that night. It mostly depends on how my day goes on Friday. It sounds like fun.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Hope to see many old friends at the ride. Planning on being over there Friday night. I am bringing a C2C virgin with me, so it should be fun
See all of you Saturday morning.

:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Keith,

Have you been in contact with Curtis lately? Tried to email him and no response.

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Where is Curtis?

I have not heard from him for a while.

Today I rode from Sarasota to New Smyrna Beach and back home, 416 miles.

I probably rode along and across some of the pavement we will ride on Saturday. I hope Saturday's weather is as lovely as Thursday's was. Moderately warm gear needed in the early AM, then shirtsleeves until almost dark.

And my mukluks stayed where they belong, in the closet!

See y'all Saturday morning. Don't pig out on the donuts until I get about six of 'em! :mrgreen:
Keith

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
We had a wonderful time. Personally, I hadn't ridden with Jim or Keith for probably three years being I didn't have a bike. HUGE turnout kudos to Al. The route was pretty challenging and especially from the navigation standpoint. We owe Jim a beer as he had to follow that crazy cue sheet (I think there was close to 200 turns) we only missed on turn only due to a chitty sign.

Our group did a great job and rode very safely. Now the crazy thing is we saw at least 15 VStroms and didn't know any of them. The Florida section of this board needs some new blood!!

We took an impromptu stop near Brooksville.

Keith wheeled this Honda 125 beautifully and kept up with all those big sport touring rigs and laid low like Bert Munroe to keep up at 60 MPH. That man ca ride

Jim is gonna kick arse at whoever made him navigator

We MADE IT!!! Hope to see some more riders out there now that we have some great weather

Rod
Riverview, FL

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Great Day

What a wonderful day and great ride. Amazing roads and a lot of nice people. I hope I can do it again next year. Thanks to Cruzn"AL :hurray:

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
What a wonderful day and super ride. It was so good to see and ride with Rod and Keith again. Met so really nice folks that I hope we can ride with again very soon. Lets keep the info flowing on this forum. Great place to plan rides for the Troopers of Florida.

Where did all of the Stroms I saw on the ride come from? Any ideas???

:confused:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
We took an impromptu stop near Brooksville.

Keith wheeled this Honda 125 beautifully and kept up with all those big sport touring rigs and laid low like Bert Munroe to keep up at 60 MPH. That man ca ride
Hey! I saw that bike at a gas stop! I was with the group that got to the BP station about 10 minutes earlier.

Had a great time, I'll post some shots when I get a chance. Wish I had taken more, very prety country out there near Ocala.
I joined the Les/Kenneth contingent to DeLand Saturday morning after my two-week gig in Ybor City. (Which incidentally ended a bit too late at Coyote Ugly during the first night of Thunder Ybor. Shhhhhhhhhh!) At Deland I took 17 North to Jacksonville where I crashed early before blasting up the slab to get home Sunday morning. (It's amazing how fast fast the gas bars drop with full luggage in the wee hours with no traffic. Damn Pelicans!)

Had a great time and may plan on it next year with the Spousette.
She was a little annoyed, thinking that we won't have a winter tour this year.

I'm planning otherwise.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Where did all of the Stroms I saw on the ride come from? Any ideas??? :confused:
I was with a group of 5 V’s and they are all StromTroopers. There was me, kenneth_moore, Morrie, sunnyorlando and Stromin'Nroman for most of the way. We also had a Harley and a metric curser along to balance things out.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
metric curser
Damn centimeters!

Les, nice seeing you again.

JR,

I was the schmuck with altered Dunkin' Donuts magnets stuck on the tank of a silver/brown DL650A with NC tags, Pelican 3-pack and noticably questionable hygene.

I might have been seen wandering around the Hampton Inn parking lot around 7:00AM Saturday like a groggy puppy with my motopurse in tow. I might also have been seen admiring a Yamaha Supere Tenere or a Ducati Multistrada, both od which served merely to deepen my funk.

Sorry I missed you, I hadn't been on the forum much during my two weeks in Ybor, so I really didn't know which unknown faces to look for.

Had fun, I'll try to make next year.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
We also had a Harley and a metric curser along to balance things out.

I figured we had an early crash on our hands when you made that fast turn early on. Usually you see that much rear tire smoke from a burnout, not braking.

The number of VStroms was very impressive. I think they outnumbered any other single model by far. Last year GoldWings would have been close, but this year it was all about the 'Stroms. There was even another blue Vee! Whoever was riding the '06 Vee, sorry I missed talking to you at the lunch stop. Send me a PM if you're on the board.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts