StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back there was a post that someone put up about installing a fork brace. He installed it then took it out for a ride prior to a storm blowing through his area and got caught in the winds on the way back...

Does anyone or the OP have the link for this? It would help someone out with regards to a "floating front end" in winds.

Any other posts with regards to this "floating front end" would be good too.

Note- issue is with a 1000.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sir, i thank you very much! Someone on another forum got caught in some winds and was experiencing what he described as a very light end passing trucks and cars and just zipping along in winds. This is the link to what he was saying, http://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php/topic,12528.0.html

Thanks Dirt Dad, I think what he is experiencing may be helped by you fix.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Thanks Dirt Dad, I think what he is experiencing may be helped by you fix.
Can't say I've ever had a floating front end the way he's described. Not sure if my situation is going to help or not.

I didn't realize I've never posted anything over there before. I've been a member for years. Is that hour count how many hours you've been connected? At least I have a big number there.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really certain about the hour count. I agree about the floating, but I think he ran into a situation with the winds. I remebered reading your post about the fork brace and thought it had merit. Someone else here had posted about having raised their front end for more suspension range and was having issues as a result of that. Your's was the clearest. VSRI has a Canadian section that has been taken over for the most part by the guys in Edmonton and a few in Calgary. So, lately, I've been hanging out there. For tech night education and geo caching. Great for getting out for riding and getting together with other riders.

Got to say, easier to find things there. But still like Stromtroopers for the issues and answers people have. Just disapointed that I spent so much time trying to alleviate search issues here by putting consolidated threads together and they just got left to dwindle down the line. Oh well. At least I tried. Mods can keep squawking at people for not using the search function!

Thanks again for the response!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts