StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold a KLR that I installed a strobe brake light on. It flashed 5 times then stayed on steady. It was a small green circuit card with about a dozen tiny led lights on it. The card mounted inside the brake unit with two screws where the light bulb was. Took about 5 minutes to install. GREAT product, lit up the night. Happy Trails sells these but they don't have them for the V-Strom. Too bad.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have seen them when searching for a headlight modulator and on a popular auction site. Might find one that way.

B

·
Registered
490 Posts
The company that makes them for the KLR also makes them for the V Strom. Road Rocketeer I had one on the KLR and just installed one my V strom. Aside from it taking over an hour (vs 5 min. for the KLR) to install, I really like it. Despite what others have said, you can alter the flash rate after you have all installed and buttoned up again.
There are cheaper/easier options out there, but this is very effective and made in Canada (Victoria, BC)

·
Registered
524 Posts
I believe Kisan has a tail light bulb that does this. I have been using P-3 LED light on the Wee and had hyperlights on my RT.

·
Registered
671 Posts
The company that makes them for the KLR also makes them for the V Strom. Road Rocketeer I had one on the KLR and just installed one my V strom. Aside from it taking over an hour (vs 5 min. for the KLR) to install, I really like it. Despite what others have said, you can alter the flash rate after you have all installed and buttoned up again.
There are cheaper/easier options out there, but this is very effective and made in Canada (Victoria, BC)
That, +1!

The drawback, it is a bit of PITA to install on a Strom but otherwise, I love it:

Touratech Rear Brake Light LED

NOTE: Touratech was selling the Road Rocketeer product - it is the same thing.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I got the BackOff XP six months ago from Signal Dynamics, super easy to install. Just clip the two wires to the brake light under the seat next to the battery and splice the BackOff in. Now every time I touch the brake, it flashes 5 eye-arresting times before going solid. Love it.

·
$tromtrooper
845 Posts
I installed this LED light.

It flashes five times then stays on steady. It's blindingly bright and was inexpensive. Now if I can only remember were I bought it!

·
Registered
103 Posts
yes, please remember. I want that

I installed this LED light.

It flashes five times then stays on steady. It's blindingly bright and was inexpensive. Now if I can only remember were I bought it!

·
$tromtrooper
845 Posts
Looks like the "New Longer 21 LED Knight Riderz" one with 21 LED's
That's it. LB22 with 21 LED's. Only $40 bucks and works very well. I fashioned a piece of angled aluminum and bolted it under the luggage support, looks like it belongs there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts