StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ,
has anyone had this problem, after fitting a eastern beaver H4 Dual Headlight Relay Kit to my wee , all seemed well as the lights where working correctly.
The next day i noticed when switching from hi beam to low beam (only) the blinker lights on the dash would flash on for a fraction of a second (both together as when the hazard lights are working) as far as i could tell the blinkers were not flashing , only the ones on the dash. I tried the blinkers they worked fine , rechecked that i had connected it correctly - yes.
i emailed Jim Davis at Eastern Beaver , he said this is normal.:confused:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi guys ,
has anyone had this problem, after fitting a eastern beaver H4 Dual Headlight Relay Kit to my wee , all seemed well as the lights where working correctly.
The next day i noticed when switching from hi beam to low beam (only) the blinker lights on the dash would flash on for a fraction of a second (both together as when the hazard lights are working) as far as i could tell the blinkers were not flashing , only the ones on the dash. I tried the blinkers they worked fine , rechecked that i had connected it correctly - yes.
i emailed Jim Davis at Eastern Beaver , he said this is normal.:confused:
Mine has done the very same thing since I installed the relay kit 4 years/50,000km ago. So far nothing bad has come of it!

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Just checked and mine do it too. Never noticed until this thread. Don't ride at night much anymore.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Grey Wolf, :mrgreen:
Ill move the relays , may even try shielding the the relays to stop the induction into the wiring , will post update if it works , may just have to learn to ignore it.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Really the only way to stop it is with diodes. After reading that they can shorten relay life, I just took them out. I don't know that that is the case but it's no big deal. I've never seen a report of any other problem with the relay kit so I would just ignore it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts