StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my flash2pass garage door opener, i have it tied to the correct wireing as per the basic wiring 101 doc on here, but i have a question

i want to use the flash trigger on my bike but it does not work, unless i have the plug unplugged from the left light, then when i pull release pull release the door open s, same with tghe high/low beam switch it works fine. when i hook up the head light again te hi/low beam works but the flash2pass trigger will not.

ideas???

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I'm guessing that with all four filaments lit, it's the increased line loss that screws the F2P.

Bill

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Don't know if it will help, but have you thought about installing the Easter Beaver Headlight Relay Kit? That way you won't have alot of current going trough the F2P switch, and the garage door opener will be the main load on the circuit (instead of the lights). Heres a link.

Suzuki VStrom Electrics

Hope this helps

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i was thinking about thatr AFTER I ordered my PC8 and after it had shipped. I did not know what that would buy me at the time. I have put that on a future list of things to get.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Glad I bought Flash2Pass

I just installed flash2pass on my 2011 DL650ABS. I attached it to the right headlight. Works perfectly. Receiver took 15 minutes, transmitter took 30 minutes.

I almost didn't buy it because I read about all the problems getting it to work. Glad I went ahead and bought it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anyone resolved the "does not work when plugged up to bulb" issue?

Testing it all the way through the install, it works fine until the lamp socket is attached to the lamp. Unplug it, it works fine. It does not work plugged up even with the engine running.

FYI, I used the left side light.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just ordered this for the new bike. From what I read on here, should I install it on the right light, or order the relay kit? Any new info would be great!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Install a headlight relay kit for a little more light and and longer lasting contacts and connectors.

·
Registered
29 Posts
After the install, I found out it works fine, and every time, as long as the motor is running. I guess it needs to be sure we're really going for a ride before it bothers to open the door.

:yesnod:

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
A couple of interesting notes:

1) In really hot weather the range can go down to almost nonfunctional. Moving the F2P button to the front of the garage keeps it working. I kept the old button in back of the garage hooked up too.

2) A new battery increased the range in all temps - by about 40 feet - compared to my 6 year old battery.

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts