StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A group of Fl. Sromtroopers are planning an overnight camping trip to Flamingo during the weekend after Christmas. As of now we are planning on arriving at Flamingo on the afternoon of the 26th. We have talked about making it a 3 day trip and going to Key West on the 27th. As of now there are four of us planning on going from the Tampa, St pete and Sarasota area. This trip is open to every one, so let us know if your interested. Curt

·
Registered
776 Posts
Flamingo!

Curt Sounds like a great start to a camping trip. I have always wanted to go there!

Saturday: Head to Flamingo 12/26, arrive and camp out that night.
Sunday: 12/27 Head to Key West have lunch and back to Flamingo camp that night.
Monday 12/28 ride to back to the ranch.

Curt I will try to get 12/28 off but no guarantee. But I am definitely in for 12/26.

Now who's next?

·
Registered
58 Posts
flamingo camping trip

I haven't participated in a ride function with this group in a long while. I live in Naples and might be interested in going along. It sounds like fun. I have never been to Flamingo and have never camped with my motorcycle before.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Wish I could make this ride, but I will be enroute back to Florida from the frigid north that weekend(in the 4 wheeler). Have a great time and let us know how the trip went.:yesnod:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flamingo

Chappy, welcome aboard.We will leave Tampa early Saturday morning, ironmorph lives in St Pete so we are planning on meeting somewhere between Tampa and Naples. I'll let you know of exact times in the near future. Curt

Jim, Have a good time in cold country. There will be other rides coming up.

·
Registered
101 Posts
flamingo. . .

Hi Curt,

sounds great to me!!. . .Living in Ft. Laud--I'm going to try to meet you guys @ the park, then join you Sunday for the Key West ride. . .I'll let you know. . .
Barry

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flamingo

I was hoping we would be graced by your presence, Keith. Im going to reserve a group site at Flamingo tomorrow. Possibly Chappy is in need of a tent as he has indicated that he has not motorcycle camped before. You might contact him. Ill let you know of exact details in the next few days. Curt

·
Registered
58 Posts
flamingo

Keith,
I met you when I rode up to a Brookville function maybe 1.5 years ago. You let Rod borrow your vee-strom and you rode another bike you had. That was a great ride. I remember I put over 500 miles on my bike that day. Bob

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
I remember that ride well.

Thanks for remembering me, chappybob. I remember you had the longest ride of all on that day. 500 miles is quite a distance to ride in one day. I have managed it more than a dozen times on the Wee-Strom, but never on any other bike.

OK, I will bring a tent for your use. It is easy to erect, and I think it does not leak. I have used it about ten times, in several states and in Ontario Canada.

I thought I was doing RodK a favor, because his bike was suddenly not available for the ride. But it turned out that I was the one favored. Rusty admired my modest 1978 GS550, and next thing I knew, he bought it from me, for a modest price agreeable to both. He plans to customize it, but that is his story, and I hope he tells it some day.

Keith

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
flamingo

we now have reservations at the Flamingo campground for the 26th. I am going to extend them tomorrow for the 27th also. Clem tried to get reservations in a state park for the 27th but every thing is booked up. The plan now is to go to Flamingo on Saturday.Go down to Key West on Sunday and return to Flamingo on Sunday. Then return home on Monday. Anyone having better ideas. Let us know. Curt

·
Registered
58 Posts
Keith - Flamingo

I rode from Atlanta GA to Naples fl in one (1) day this summer. That was about 625+ miles. It made me feel good that I accomplished this, however, I must admit I didn't enjoy every minute. I paid for it for a couple of days. Getting older I suppose!!! I did enjoy the ride.
Bob

1 - 20 of 64 Posts