StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an 02 FJR1300, and a an 04 Wee-strom.

I use the FJR for touring (2-3 trips a year) and the Wee for my 20 mile round trip to work every day.

Just wondering if the Vee would do both jobs instead of owning two bikes?

Mitch.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
I don't see why you can't just tour on the Wee and sell the FJR. Keeping a bike for 2 or three rides a year sounds crazy.

Whatever the Vee can do the Wee can do except maybe takeoff like a scared rabbit and tour at triple digits with 2 up. Many people have toured half way around the world on a Wee, some even two up.

Personally I love my Vee. I would take it anywhere anytime. In fact if I didn't have this business to run I'd takeoff across Asia to Europe on it. But I'd do the same on a Wee.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I own both and 'tour' on both. Yes, the Wee can tour quite nicely. I miss the power of the FJR while on the Wabs, but the FJR really hates gravel/dirt roads, so it's a push.

Both can carry about the same amount of gear, too.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Depends. Do you like the performance and smooth ride the FJR offers? The wee cant touch it.
I can run heated grips, heated gloves, jacket liner and XM Sat. radio, on the FJR.
Will the wee drive those at the same time?
I own a 03 FJR1300 and an '07 wee. I use them both, like you do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't see why you can't just tour on the Wee and sell the FJR. Keeping a bike for 2 or three rides a year sounds crazy.
My last "Tour" was an 1800 mile trip around Europe, that's is 18 weeks worth of commuting on the Strom.

My "trips" are never less than a 1000 miles.

Mitch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know the ergos of both bikes. What specifically are your concerns?

Insurance or storage aside, my vote is for maintaining two bikes. One is always ready even when one is getting tour prepped or waiting on a part/tire/service, etc...
I just feel a bit guilty owning two bikes, along with two cars, two bicycles, a wife, and five kids!

But I'm sure there's loads of guys with a lot more vehicles than me, so I'm going to keep them both, the bikes that is.

Thanks for all the comments.

Mitch.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I just feel a bit guilty owning two bikes, along with two cars, two bicycles, a wife, and five kids!
You gotta have a spare. On your list, there's only one item where you don't. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
615 Posts
5 kids??? If they are living at home, even a few of them, sell the FJR. You don't have TIME to tour. You do have time to go to work though, keep the Wee :mrgreen:.

·
Registered
49 Posts
As an owner of a GL 1800 and a Bubble bee wee I say keep both the FJR and your wee! They are both excellent machines!

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,039 Posts
Took a 4k tour on the Wee last year and left the FJR at home. Loved the light weight, missed the better wind protection a little but not much. Sold the FJR last fall, and the ST1300 a couple months before that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went into the local motorcycle dealer to test ride a DL1000, and ended up buying a Honda CBF1000, it has the smooth flexible power of the FJR, and the agility similar to the DL650, it's a cracking bike:D

Bye for now,

Mitch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts