StromTrooper banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought Suzuki pannier racks for my wee strom, looking at the instructions they are supposed to bolt to my grab handle, But I think I must have a different grab rail as mine doesn't have bolt holes. :furious:
Have I just wasted my money, or can these be fitted/modded to fit?

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Not sure..........but I believe there might be a Suzuki Top Rack that must be purchased to install the racks. I went thru this about 2 years ago.......gave up and sold the pannier racks........went with aftermarket versions.

BTW........you might want to "edit" your personal info to show what model vstrom you own??

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts
It's a fact.... Must have toprack to mount sideracks....

·
Registered
899 Posts
Original aluminum grab rail and top rack is replaced with a steel rack in the OEM setup. Very solid, but not as attractive.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Where is the justice? I have the OEM bags and the top rack but am still waiting on the damn side racks that are back ordered.
You have the side racks and no top rack.
Its a cosmic conspiracy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh B******s! :furious:
I haven't had a chance to look at them next to the bike yet. I'm an engineer by trade, is it possible to fabricate anything to make them fit? :confused:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oh B******s! :furious:
I haven't had a chance to look at them next to the bike yet. I'm an engineer by trade, is it possible to fabricate anything to make them fit? :confused:
Sure it is, they did and called it a top rack. I'm not so sure its worth your trouble vs just buying the top rack.

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts
I saw a pic one time where a guy made up some brackets and slipped them under the OEM rack......

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
I'm not so sure its worth your trouble vs just buying the top rack.

In these days of high tech light weight engineering, the guy that built the Suzuki OEM bags mounts was an Iron Monger. I like that!

·
Registered
899 Posts
In these days of high tech light weight engineering, the guy that built the Suzuki OEM bags mounts was an Iron Monger. I like that!
Agreed. I can't even put my tool kit in ST1300 top box, because the OEM aluminum top rack flexes so much when there is weight in the top box, especially on iSlab. But I can put anything in the wee top box. Solid as a rock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts