StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose I ought to say hello and give a quick intro. I'm a 52 year old who lives about 30 miles south of DFW.

Just sold my 05 tiger with 37k miles to get the Wee. The Tiger was a great bike but I was ready for a change. I had a 1st gen SV650 for a track day and knock around bike a few years ago. Really liked the motor, so I guess I'm back.

I've also got a 06 FJR for the wife and I to travel on. It was a pretty good bike stock but its a whole lot better now with the Ohlins, revalved forks and Russell Seat.

I started riding when I was 12 on a green Honda CT70 (4 speed with clutch). I've probably owned 25 bikes over the years. Used to race motocross and Cross Country for many years. One of the highlights was getting to ride the Baja 1000 three times for DFW Honda in the early mid nineties.

Anyhow, I've been lurking here for a little while before putting down my deposit on the Wee. Looking forward to spending time here and learning from you all.

Steve.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Welcome aboard. Let us know what you think of it. It won't have the beans of your Tiger though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Let us know when you get the 2012 and what you think.
I sure will. Probably post some pictures too.

It won't have the beans of your Tiger though.
Of course it will be a little bit less but that's okay. I'm more of a ride the pace kinda guy than a drag racer and I'll like the slightly better gas mileage. That was my first Triumph / triple motor and I really liked it. I wouldn't hesitate to get another. The Tiger got about 43/44 mpg and I'm hoping for closer to 50 with the Wee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts