StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a 2009 V-Strom 650 with 58K from the dealer the other day. My rides have been 1985 Honda Nighthawk 650 (developed valve problems so I sold it to a mechanic), 2002 Suzuki GS500E (got rear ended in stop-and-go traffic, frame bent, scrapped), and 2003 Suzuki SV650 (rusted tank, rusted forks, traded in for scrap price). So far I am loving the V-Strom! Planning some upgrades: frame sliders, rear spools, hand guards, top box for sure. Maybe a skid plate and supplemental lights.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Welcome. That's a neat looking bike for 58KI miles. Should you later decide on taking the less travelled routes / gravel roads / fire trails / etc, engine guards / crash bars would be a better option than sliders.

·
Registered
93 Posts
A nice clean ride. Crash bars are the bomb. I have been practicing a lot in my pasture with my new toy. Already dropped it a couple times and the plastic is none the worse for wear.

I need to fab a skid plate as well. Thanks for the reminder!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Welcome aboard. may you always have the shiny side up. If you don't already have a LED head light you might want to go that route before adding additional lights. the led headlights are that powerful. If you can work a centerstand in to the plan it is awful, awful nice to have.

·
Registered
2008 Suzuki V-strom DL650
16 Posts
Welcome. I got an '08 650 about 6 months ago and love it! You'll really have a blast. 👍🏼

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Nice looker, just like my 2007 except CLEANER!! Am I mistaken or is that a Michelin car tire on the rear? Not judging, just curious.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts