Strom Trooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed to get away so we rented a cabin in Big bear lake and hit the road. We were a little concerned about smoke in the area due to the fire in the area but we're happy that it is clear and beautiful. We did have to alter our route as hwy 38 was closed for fire vehicles only. Th vee did well but rode a little lower than I would like .I estimate the weight of both passengers and luggage at just under 400#. The suspension never bottomed out but the pegs scraped on the tighter turn ( very unnerving for my girlfriend ) so I believe a new rear shock is in order or at least a better spring. So far very pleased with the bikes performance even at nearly 8000 feet the map on the pciii is working great.
Well the mountain roads are calling.
Can't add pics from my phone I'll add some on Monday

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Crank up your preload adjuster all the way for 2-up, then return it to the spot you need for solo riding. The preload adjuster can lose its hydraulic oil, but this has an easy fix with just an o-ring replacement. Yes, the spring needs to suit the loaded riding weight. The shock itself does nothing for ride height, it is just a movement damper.

Your '04 is likely very well due for a shock rebuild and upgraded valving while it's opened up. The miles do take their toll.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts