StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode Oregon hwy 224 E on the upper Clackamas River today for about 50 miles. Spectacular scenery and the road is all twisties, and the Adventure did well with the fat Trex bags. I did notice buffeting above 65 mph so windshield adjustment is going to happen. My computer indicated 52 mpg. This thing sips gas, so nice to have the Range. My Aprilia Tuano's low fuel light goes on at 75 miles....So the Strom Adventure passes the twisties test, handling was excellent. First Sunny day in my Oregon neck of the woods for a long time. Just had to ride.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Must be nice. Down here in Houston, we pretty much just wear out the center 2 inches of tires. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hey buddy, welcome to the forum. Have you rode the short but sweet CR42 outside of Rosesharon?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I rode Oregon hwy 224 E on the upper Clackamas River today for about 50 miles. Spectacular scenery and the road is all twisties, and the Adventure did well with the fat Trex bags. I did notice buffeting above 65 mph so windshield adjustment is going to happen. My computer indicated 52 mpg. This thing sips gas, so nice to have the Range. My Aprilia Tuano's low fuel light goes on at 75 miles....So the Strom Adventure passes the twisties test, handling was excellent. First Sunny day in my Oregon neck of the woods for a long time. Just had to ride.
I have a Tuono and just picked up a 2012 Wee adventure. Surprised at how well the wee handles. So far so good :thumbup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
that has got to suck.....:thumbdown: MT / ID HWY 12 here I come !
Just back home to GF riding hwy 12. It was great, much better than when I went west on it Saturday in the rain on my way to Coos bay via Tillamook.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just got back to Montana from a 6 day 2400 mile trip. I was in Oregon riding for a few days of it. I went on the Rowena historic loop. That was a nice short 8 or 9 mile ride. Almost crapped my pants when I drug the left peg in one of the corners. Lots of beautiful scenery in Oregon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts