StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the time has arrived for me to do my first long trip after doing my course earlier this year, buying my Wee, and doing my license road test this week.
I am departing early tomorrow morning from Gander, NL Canada to meet a friend at the ferry terminal in Port Au Basques, on the south west corner of the island. Total drive time is about 8 hours.
After that I'll be giving her the grand tour of the island, culminating in the fantastic George St festival in St John's. (12 hours from the ferry to St John's on the south east coast, not including stops)
I'll try and post pic's and details along the way. Pray for good weather!

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
Word of advice: Drink lots of water along the way. When riding we don't realize how much we are losing because it evaporates instead of creating sweat. Trust me, it's going out and late in the day it will really make you feel worn out.

·
Registered
588 Posts
A bunch of guys I ride with from dualsport.ca just got back from a ride on the rock. Sounds like it was a great run. Did some of the rail line in and around Grand Falls/Windsor as well. I'll be riding the rock next summer if all goes well.

Let us know if you ever actually jump on the ferry to the mainland!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Water is of course a good idea. I'm thinking of wearing my Camelback under my touring jacket if it will fit.
The wife and I are heading to NS mid to end August to visit family. Because we are taking our nieces camping once we get there we are driving down the Jeep and trailering our bikes. We are planning on camping on PEI by ourselves for 2 nights, then heading down near Halifax for about 1.5 weeks. We used to live in NS and will be doing lots of sightseeing when we can on the bikes.
Time to gear up and get going after my morning coffee.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Camelback should work well for you. If it doesn't fit under the jacket, wear it on the outside. 200+ miles between stops is too long to go without hydrating. Looking forward to seeing some photos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts