StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming from heavier bikes I expected the tires to last longer on the lighter bike, I guess it may be a function of the tires aggressive nature but I may make 8k miles on the rear. 12k miles was the norm on the larger street bikes.

I like the handling of the TW's and the dirt road capability. I ride 95% street only traversing gravel when necessary...like in front of my house...or the occasional detour.

My question: Is there definitively more treadlife in some of these other brands? Is there really that much difference in the handling of the other brands?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The bike is a 2012 650 adventure

·
Administrator
17,402 Posts
Go with pure street tires like the Michelin pilot road series and get the mileage you expect. ;)

·
Registered
15,544 Posts
I get 6K miles form the ADV looking tires, Tourance, Shinko!
The riding of the cruiser style bike may be very different too.
Try ME880's if you can find the right sizes.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the same bike as you do. Mine is a 2013. The Trailwings that came with the bike squared off badly and the tread was gone at 4000 mile. Went with the Regular Tourance and they are a better tire without a doubt. I feel much more confident with the Tourance both on and off road.

Craig

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I've noticed people get wildly different mileage with the same tire. Here's what I've gotten so far on rears:

Trailwings..............10k+ miles
Conti Trail Attacks...12k+ miles
Battlewings............12k+ miles

I've noticed these style dual purpose tires have a deeper tread which may be giving higher mileage, they just start out with more rubber. The street tires I've used on my SV650 and Aprilia usually last 8k miles, except for the Michelin Pilot Road 3 which gave me over 10k miles.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would like to thank everyone for the suggestions still have a couple weeks left on these depending on the weather. Maybe by then I will have my answer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts