StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding Harriman State Park today in New York. Peak leaf weekend, I think. Just perfect. Anyhow, we stopped by Lake Welch and I decided to ignore the 'authorized vehicles' sign and take her round to the fireroad - which involves riding down the concrete beach front. I got to the end of the fireroad, and was turning her around, in a narrow space, by 'k' turning - back an forth, when up rides the law on a little 4 wheeler. Siren, bullhorn, the whole deal.

Anyhow, Mr. Ranger asked me to vacate the fire road as I was trespassing - and so I rushed the turn and eased her down slowly. Broke the turn sig, put a few scratches in the fairing. Burned a little whole in my stitch pants to, as the pipe must have touched them as I tried to hold her up.

As an aside, the Ranger helped me right the bike, and was a pretty decent fellow about the whole thing.

Other than that, perfect day and the bike was doing great on the dirt till then...... :lol:

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
There's a first time for everything

Can sympathize. Dropped a bike 2 times in 34 years - both times 5 kph or less, in soft? sand/gravel. I have a couple of scratches in my 06 DL650 from similar circumstance on narrow cottage road and an approaching car. Scratches I can live with, it's the $34 CDN for the new attachment clip for the GIVI E41 and the 3 week wait for it that was most aggravating.

You're right though - great bike for taking almost anywhere. Can't think of anything I'd want to replace it with.

My D70s is my best friend, he rides in my tank bag wherever we go, although my pics are certainly not up to your standards . Always admire that kind of creativity - making a mind movie out of a single instance in time. Well done website and great photos.

Safe riding

Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts